Friday, July 1, 2022

I guess it was an assault

Weight was 203 again this morning but at least I am not gaining.  

Yesterday I got going, left the house, caught the first bus, crossed the street, caught the second bus.  Got to the transit center the bus was very late.  About 5 stops into the run she picked up "Jerk" a white guy, about 5 years older than me, always a belligerent trouble maker on the bus, picking fights, cursing, unruly.  He used to be homeless but was wearing clean clothes and was bathed so I guess he has a place now.  I knew it would not be an easy run but he started out pretty quiet.  I thought "Oh maybe he is bipolar and started mood stabilizers and he is on a new path"

Side note: Ron and I used to ride with a schizophrenic in CA she smelled very bad and would hit herself on the bus as we went down the road.  One day she got on in clean clothes smelling nice and just looked out the window until we got to our destination.  After she got off the driver said she had started on medication.  After that she was totally normal so there is a precedent.  

Anyway we turned a corner and there is an old black man sitting in a mobility scooter waiting at the bus stop.  Now this bus had a row of 4 seats facing sideways, lined up front to back, on either side of the aisle.  Jerk had sat on the passenger side and taken up all 4 seats, which is impressive as he didn't weigh much more than I do.  The driver politely asked Jerk to get up so she could fold up the seats and the passenger would have room to maneuver on the bus.  Jerk said "Let the n* walk" and refused to move.  The driver asked him again, he said no.  She was pretty timid.  

I would have called Metro Police and had the guy booted off the bus.  Who doesn't help an old man in a wheelchair?  Anyway they had a stalemate with increasingly bad language on his part as the old guy sat outside wondering what the hell was going on.  

Remember this was a gang infested neighborhood with regular shootings due to "disrespect" so really dumb in my book to be dropping f-bombs and n-bombs at a helpless old man.  A young man objected to this, got up and made it clear Jerk WOULD be moving OR ELSE.  He moved.  The second the old guy was secured he went back.  He was so important he had to have 4 seats, you know.  [rolleyes]  I have seen mothers with a stroller and a toddler only take up 2 seats.  Jerk continued his tirade and was making rude remarks to every black person on the bus.  It was very uncomfortable.  

The young man rang the bell and got up.  Jerk smirked at him, and the young man slapped him across the face.  Jerk objected and the young man invited him to get off and "settle" things, which he did not.  Probably knowing the young man would beat him to a pulp.  He was quiet for a while after that.  

He turned to me and asked if I would "be a witness".  One, no one is going to prosecute an assault where you were saying those things to an old man in a wheelchair.  I think there is a statute about "fighting words" as well that if you say certain things you are basically entitled to get your butt kicked.  He tried to say all the district attorneys were white and would be on his side (they are all liberals and wouldn't touch this guy with a 10 foot pole), also you need to have an arrest for there to be a prosecution.  And the driver didn't call the police.  Probably figured, like I did, he had it coming.  

So I told him no and he tried to make himself out as a victim of "those people".  I said I married one of "those people".  He got very upset at that and told me to "divorce him".  I said he treated me great and I would not (better for him to assume Ron was alive).  He gave up and got off the bus thank God he did not get off at my Walmart.  So he doesn't know where I work, my name, any of it.  Just that I am a white woman who sometimes rides the bus and carries a big black and white bag.  

So that started my day of course we were very late to the Walmart and by the time I got to the McDonald's it was very busy.  They were very slow making my order, they kept churning out these big family orders that came in after mine which really chapped me.  I had one lousy cheeseburger and I had to say something several times for them to "remember" it.  I was not impressed.  When I got to the breakroom I discovered it had mustard on it as well which made me very unhappy.  I guess they were just having a bad day but come on people, "just ketchup" is pretty clear.  

Work was OK I had some of the tools I needed.  I had some people come in asking me if they could transfer from small towns.  I don't know if Personnel needs people for those roles but good luck.  My "Tuna" was pretty good on my lunch.  It kept me full all I cared about.  

I got out and came home, changed into my workout shorts (kept compression socks 😂) and worked out on the exercise bike while I talked to Mom and Dad.  Dad really liked hearing I was doing that and said he had worked out on the treadmill that morning which was great.  I really want him to be as active as possible I worry about him.  I don't want him ending up like Ron one reason Mom is about his age and can't do the physical stuff if he goes "down".  I did sleep well thanks to the workout it also sort of blew out my mental cobwebs and stress from the day.  

I really thought I would see that man killed.  That's it for now.   

No comments: