Friday, July 8, 2022

I am surrounded

 So I got to work that took a while.  Normally I don't bitch about my commute but 2 hours one way in feels like 100 with heat, sun, and humidity is a lot.  Got to work.  Hit the ATM.  Hit the McDonald's.  Went to apparel.  I found the table with the $6 shorts, and, as expected not a whole lot of selection.  But they did have a lot of darker ones.  I found a 22, a 20 in black.  I also found a 16/18 in a dark camo (grayscale) I picked up for kicks and giggles.  Went to the fitting room.  Got a room, went in.  Light was moody.  I tried on the 16/18 first just to see... and they fit great!  I still can't believe it.  I tried on the 20's they also fit great.  So I figured I did not need the 22's.  I had planned to buy 2 pair so I had them, put them in my cart (which smelled like hamburgers 😃😃), and went to the pharmacy.  I had a $4 script and I like to have that stuff on hand.  I got that, stuck it in my tote bag (which was about done).  I had wanted to get some tampons but no more room in my bag.  So I will look today.  

I got a Gatorade Zero because I was out there baking in the sun and went to the breakroom.  I ate my lunch (delicious, thank you again!) and remembered I had not bought any ant bait.  So I had to put up my stuff and go look at ant bait.  I found some bait stations for what I thought was $6 but they rang up at $4.  I wasn't going to argue, then I had my discount.  The package advised they had peanut ingredients and I could smell it when I got home and opened the baits.  

Started work it was pretty uneventful the first hour.  I saw a bag of cold and flu remedies an employee had bought, one of the packages was open like they took it and it was sitting right near my work area.  So an employee was sick.  I put on my mask.  I had it for about an hour, got hot, took it off and one of my bosses walks by.  SHE is the one who is sick and she is right in my face directing me with a sore throat, hoarse, coughing, congested, and sniffling.  [censored]  WHY DIDN'T SHE STAY HOME?  I am trying to save my time off for visiting my Dad.  Then the other boss (there were 3 yesterday) came by and she picks up the medicine "Oh I can't forget this I don't feel well" so they are BOTH sick.  Son of a guppy.  I was NOT happy.  Happily that was the last I saw of them but they were RIGHT in my face.  Not happy at all.  

Last week an employee came in sick and was sent home.  I guess you don't get sent home if you are a boss.  I was really unhappy with that and took every supplement I had when I got home last night.  I can't get all the sleep I need the next couple days I will just have to have faith God will hold me up, NOT eat any sugar, etc.  But that was discouraging.  

Worst case I can do my job with a cold, if that's what it is.  So I finish my shift and leave, get in the car with Jack and he says he is not feeling well either.  I was more forgiving because he is giving me a ride home but we are in that car together for 10 minutes.  So you can bet I did take my vitamins when I got home.  So basically everyone around me, save the bus, was sick yesterday.  

Dad was feeling a little better, Doc gave him some of that happy times cough syrup you can only get by prescription.  It was helping with the cough and helping him rest.  I am glad he could get it; my store doesn't sell it at the pharmacy anymore due to medication abuse.  He sounded OK considering he could talk a little I mainly did all the talking to be honest.  

I went to bed after putting out the ant baits.  I slept in Ron's bed again did pretty well at that, did wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.  When I got up I weighed myself and I was 201 which is my lowest in a long while.  I was really happy about that.  Ants were active around the baits so hopefully taking the poison back to the nest.  Cats are good.  

I am taking the later bus today.  I need to buy some more candy and also the tampons.  I am not out but I like to have them on hand.  Especially the bigger absorbency ones it can be tricky to get a break at work sometimes.  My next cycle should show in a week or two, or a month, that's the fun of winding down I never really know.  

So I need to get ready to head out, that's it for now.  

No comments: