Thursday, July 7, 2022

Thursday morning

 I am worried I am overthinking depression.  Of course I am going to be freaked out with Dad, and possibly Mom, sick with COVID.  I don't think the doctor is taking Dad seriously either "go to the ER if it gets bad" what the heck?!  Dad said he might do that, and the last time I remember Dad at the ER was on his honeymoon with Mom when he banged his head and needed stitches.  So I am worried about them and sad because Dad is over 80 and he's got to go sometime, I just hope not like this.  

So I need to stop "fear forecasting" as Ron called it.  And why do I have so much trouble capitalizing Ron's name these days?  I don't know.  

I had the ants in my bed last night so I finally moved after a couple of hours, into Ron's room, which worked fine.  It is a little hard sleeping with 2 cats in a twin bed, though.  Especially when I have plus sized cats!  We managed though.  Sleep deprived so depression is there I just hope I am functional today.  

Today is going to be one of those "carry me, Lord" days.  I have a lot to deal with, I need to let God do the heavy lifting or I will be a wreck.  I need to focus on my silly little chores and errands and let God work on healing Dad (or not).  Dad was just miserable last night coughing it was really taking a toll on him.  I need to pray for Dad of course and Mom that she doesn't get it, although she said she felt unusually run down yesterday.  

They were at a concert on Sunday inside, patriotic music, the woman next to them kept coughing and Mom finally said something to her asking her to put on a mask, the lady said "Oh I hope I don't have COVID".  So that is probably who got them sick.  

Nothing I can do about it, they have a very active social life (on hold now) so that will be hard.  Also Dad has the flavor thing everything tastes bad to him.  Reminds me of Ron after the Bactrim.  If it persists I will encourage her to make him shakes and him to drink them so Dad at least gets some protein.  

Normally I call them after I get home on Thursday and Friday, which is after 8:30 their time.  Even well, Dad was always nodding off during the phone call, so I think I will just call on my lunch after I eat.  I think that will work much better for them and we may keep it up for the long term.  Then I can just text them I am home like I do with my aunt.  

That's it for now.  Not sure if I will post later.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All during COVID this is exactly what the doctors were telling people to do. Go to the ER if it gets bad. No vitamins, no advice on strengthening a persons immunity. You better hope that he doesn't have to go to the ER because if they give him Remdesivir and a vent it could be deadly. He really should be taking zinc, quercitin and vitamin c at this point and get a doc to prescribe ivermectin. But that is just my opinion. If he has it in his lungs he should try and sit up as much as possible. Laying down causes the fluid to pool in the lungs and causes pneumonia. And of course chicken soup and lots of liquids.

Anonymous said...

Ants in your bed hmmm. Are you sure you don't have any food somewhere in that room? They usually go for a food source.

Heather Knits said...

Oh I never eat in the bedroom. From what I read they go for sweat secretions in clothes and bedding as they contain sugars and salt the ants crave. They are a lot better than yesterday...but I plan to spend another night in Ron's room.

My aunt just got over COVID and sent my adoptive Mom a bunch of advice. I agree about the vent. Dad has been sleeping in his recliner that helps he said. He has been coughing a lot and drainage from sinuses as well. It is just hard to watch because he is old with complicating factors. Happily he is only about 210 and six feet so not obese as well, just overweight. He has no appetite which is what happens to me when I'm sick.

Anonymous said...

Your dad is 80 that alone is the biggest factor as the elderly are more susceptible. Interesting how his sleeping in the recliner helps. But he should do less reclining if he can and more sitting up because even the reclining can be bad for potential pneumonia. Of course if I tried to tell my parents that they wouldn't even bother listening to me. I had the flu 20 plus years ago and the coughing was the worst part and seemed to take forever to go away - almost a month. My stomach and chest hurt so much from all the coughing I do remember that even to this day.

Heather Knits said...

Doc wrote him a script for some cough syrup he really likes and he sounded a little better; more importantly is sleeping better too.