Wednesday, July 6, 2022

I thought the last couple days were bad...

I finally got showered, dressed, God Time, did up candy, etc.  Got out of the house and felt better for it.  Got to the grocery store gaping at hog heads in the freezer case.  I love eating pork but that was a little too real for me.  I got a text.  Dad, very blase, Oh I have COVID.  WHAT?!  That has been my WORST nightmare.  Dad is not in great health and this could go really badly.  

I still stuck pretty much to my list.  I did buy (and eat) some cream puffs.  But I took my medication early I figured I could use the help.  

It is thundering a little with a chance of rain so I am waiting on doing the laundry.  I still need to finish the dishes and do some cooking.  

I had a problem my shorts kept falling off everytime I would run today, so I retired them.   I have one pair left, I hope I can find something at work tomorrow.  I need to do some other shopping I plan to leave the house early and catch an earlier bus.  New drivers for candy/booklets as well.  Then go back to usual gang on Friday.  

But I am definitely a 1X right now.  Once I get past that I am an 18 Misses.  I would like to get to a 16 Misses but will take what I get.  

I am feeling a little bloated from the cream puffs it was just an emotional reaction to bad news.  The trauma center had a bakery and they used to sell the most divine chocolate eclairs.  One night Ron's sister burst into the hospital room screaming at me I had "ruined" their family by wanting to take care of Ron, etc.  Ron was begging her to stop.  She kept screaming at me like I had crapped on the rug.  I finally stood up and walked to the door.  "Don't you turn your back on me" she shouted.  "(Name)" I asked "Are you going to help me take care of Ron?"  "Hell no!" she shrieked.  "Then you have no power over me" and I walked out, went down to the bakery and bought an eclair, ate it slowly.  I did not know the nurses on the skilled nursing floor were so worried I was going to walk away from Ron after that they sent someone to follow me and talk me into coming back if I left.  I did not, I just gave it about 20 minutes and went back.  Ron was pretty distraught.  He said a nurse had come in the middle of the drama and thrown his sister out, but she had said he was dead to them all.  So I have a track record of reaching for the sugar during extreme news/events.  I don't think I ate anything after Ron died though I was in shock for a couple of days. 

I am working on dishes then I will work on some cooking.  Tuna salad will be easy.  I wipe out the dishes when I use them and throw them (capped) in the sink, then wash with hot soapy water, rinse, and do a bleach based sanitizer bath (1 T bleach to one sink full of water), then I let them air dry.  So they are at the air dry stage except for my skillet which is a mess.  And I need to get the laundry started.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: