Friday, July 29, 2022

Friday morning

I will try to keep this quick.  

Yesterday was pretty uneventful.  The one boss gave me very clear instructions before she left for the day.  Do, this, do that, do this at X time.  So I worked on all that because I want to be a good employee.  

I took my lunch at 6 and came back at 7.  A customer was waiting for me and very agitated.  I had to explain the policy, from my boss, I could not give her what she wanted.  She became very ugly screaming at me and demanding a manager.  Great, a "Karen".  

Unfortunately when she got the manager the manager gave her what she wanted, in direct violation of what my boss had said, so I am stuck with explaining that to her today.  And the woman was taught she can turn a no into a yes if she has a big enough tantrum.  She had a big enough fit other employees were coming by to gawk.  

I love my customers, call them "Boss", smile at them,  tell them to have a great day with every transaction and never talk about them so the other employees, I think, found it funny I had such a difficult woman.  

I couldn't help but think, looking at her, how Ron would have said she had "An Ugly Spirit" that was his greatest insult.  He always said I had a beautiful one, it is up to you if you agree or not.  But that was challenging, and it put me behind in the work, so I had to leave a note for my boss who will hopefully understand.  

The rest of the night was uneventful.  

I did not find the protein powder at work or the good candy.  So I am a little stuck in that regard but good news I did not spend a penny of my money (did use gift card) last night.  Maybe today...

I made the mistake of looking in the vending machine last night and saw they had Baked Lays Cheddar and Sour Cream.  I used to love those.  I bought a bag.  They tasted stale even though they had a good sell by date so I think they were left in a hot truck and the fats oxidized.  Yuck.  I won't get them again.  But I think they triggered a proto-migraine this morning.  I had a heck of a time beating it back.  

Option one was going to be taking a cab to work so I wouldn't have to ride 2 hours on the bus and stand out in the heat and bright sun (not fun).  Option 2 would have been calling in sick but I wouldn't want to do that as it would cost me $80.  

Oh and I almost forgot.  Remember Monday when I went to log out the system was down?  Today I was able to log in but it was nagging me I had to fix my punch on Monday.  So after lunch I did that, it took a minute but I was able to tell it I left at 3:15 so I get paid for all my time.  And it was fine so that wasn't too awful.  I am just glad it was all fixed.  

I was happy I didn't have to involve a manager, they are busy enough.  I still haven't had a good opportunity to ask about my time off request.  I would like to do it in the context of they are very happy with me for being so awesome and oh by the way...as it is they are running around and frazzled, the LAST thing they want is another thing on their list.  

Enough about work.  I did sleep OK and the cats got up in bed with me (mainly Cleo) when I woke up with the headache.  She is very cuddly with me when I am in bed.  She will press her butt against me, purr, butt her head into my hand, act like a very normal cat.  When I am out of bed she is more skittish which is fine.  She did have those neighbor kids chasing her and throwing rocks just a few years ago.  Cleo would do really terrible in a house with children.  

I plan to have a protein shake and some coconut oil for breakfast.  That's it for now.  


No comments: