Wednesday, July 13, 2022

I'm going to go ahead and post now and add pictures later when I get them

So today was fun.  Aunt AND uncle showed up to help trim the tree, run errands, hang out.  Biscuit was in my lap when they came; he froze, stared at the front door, and fled so I knew they had arrived.  They had a cutting tool and borrowed my stepladder but it was slow going because the HOA wanted ALL the tree trimmed up t o 9 feet off the ground.  A truck pulled up with a tree company logo, they offered to finish the job and my uncle paid them to do it.  He got to sit in the chair with his bottle of water as they finished it off.  

In the meantime my aunt and I ran to the optical shop and got my glasses tuned up.  I had two problems, needed to "bend the ears" on one pair and the other pair had a very stiff arm that made it impossible to close.  I had to wait a while but they got it.  I am glad we did not go later as back to school requires all parents to get an eye exam and appropriate glasses for all children attending school; so it's going to be a very busy month or so for them coming up.  So many people wait until the last minute.  

Got that done and came back, guys were gone, tree looks great.  I doubt HOA will complain.  We went to Home Depot and got me a soaker hose for my foundation.  100 feet, about $30.  Then we went to work to get me some broad spectrum poison (Mr Rodale must be turning over in his grave, he is the founder of Organic Gardening).  I got that and got some laundry sanitizer as well because I felt that would be good for anything I bought from the thrift store, and ALWAYS a good idea for the work vest and anything I wear on the bus.  I also got some cheap, large bottles of generic pine cleaner and one of lemon cleaner.  That will last me a while and I didn't have to lug on the bus.  

My uncle said he didn't mind going to the thrift shop so we did that.  I found 4 pairs of jeans.  I also found a really nice pair of red jeans that did not fit but not for lack of trying!  That would have been so fun!  But I did (actually my aunt found and brought them over to me) some cute hot pink jeans that I did buy and fit great.  The Gloria Vanderbilt 16W jeans did not fit much to my shock, but I bought them anyway.  When I got home I found they had been badly altered, they had folded the waist over about 2 inches and sewed it closed, I was able to undo the stitches and get it back to normal, and that way they fit great.  I did not hurt the jeans doing this.  So I was happy about that.  I also got some light wash skinny cut jeans that are a little more contemporary but I don't want to always dress like the middle aged widow.  I don't want to dress like a junior but I want to be a little more contemporary as well.  So I got them.  I got a black pair of Lee jeans size 18 almost fit, will one day, on sale.  And on my way out I found a nice 3x blouse (apparently I have a big chest even though I don't feel like it's that large) in a navy and white plaid that looks good.  Everything together, 4 jeans and the blouse, cost me $34 which I felt was money well spent.  

I did not see any viable coats so I am glad I got the coat yesterday with Prime Day.  And that is it on buying clothes for a while unless someone shows up with another $1 clearance "steal".  

I was very bad in my eating today.  I had a donut, some Mexican pastry, and half a quesadilla.  I will have the other half for dinner.  I also had a lot of diet soda but should be fine.  And tomorrow I go back to normal eating for a while.  My aunt said she could tell I had lost weight and got a lot of photos.  I will put them up when she sends them.  

I was glad I got all my errands done, my glasses in particular.  I was wearing my backup pair which are now safely in the dresser.  My Dad always used to put my old glasses in his dresser.  If I broke the pair I was wearing he would take out an old pair and have me wear those.  So I always keep reserve glasses.  I am pretty effectively blind without them.  If I were a real prepper I guess I would always carry a backup pair but I carry enough crap as it is.  

Dad has a board meeting tonight (he is involved with a charity), not bad for an old guy over 80, especially one who just had COVID.  Oh, and we went to the grocery store, I showed them the pig heads for sale and bought a very nice looking bag of kale and some gatorade single serve drink mix packets.  Those will be good for getting to work.  

My aunt came back after she left (had forgotten something) and told me there was a police helicopter and also some police cars not far from the house, to please stay indoors, so I did, and took a nap.  

Pictures coming later, I will post.  That's it for now! 

Me hugging the tree:


Pink jeans (wearing over leggings)


Back end me in the pink jeans (over leggings)


The blouse I bought, 3 ways (will be good for progress pics as I lose more)



Plaid, I feel, is not the most flattering look for me but it's cute and I like it so that's all that matters.  And I am not trying to impress a man at it either.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the plaid shirt. Looks good with the leggings. And I like the jeans. Would be super cute with a black top. You can really tell that you are losing weight! Good for you!