Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Is it a blog? Or a commercial?

I had a pretty good nap and then called my aunt.  We talked for a little bit and I told her I don't think I will mention the weight loss to anyone at work.  If someone brings it up I will say yes I've lost weight but leave it at that.  No one (except you) wants to hear me celebrate getting healthy.  Except my family.  

I did tell my aunt I will have Dad send her the money and then she can put it in my account.  I don't have the cash app type things on my phone, I just have the weight loss thing, work app, Uber.  I don't have a lot of room on my phone; I got the cheapest one I could.  It has 16 Gigs and I have about 14.  Not much spare room, and I am pretty ruthless about uploading my photos to Google so I can delete them off my phone.  So she can do that she will be happy.  

I guess you could call her my fiduciary.  She was sure good at getting the house paid off, property tax exemption, getting Ron's money from his bank accounts (thank God or I would not have any water!), hiring the lawyer, probating the will, definitely in the TRUSTED category.  She can handle putting $100 in my account.  

I am thinking about going ahead and upgrading the Carb Manager app now to premium ($30) in advance because I feel like it is working.  It has helped me lose 10 pounds in less than 2 months.  That's pretty good!  I have lost 5% of my body weight in less than 2 months.  That's a big deal and I feel like CM gets some credit.  And saying nice things is great but am I going to PAY them for their help?  Something I am thinking about.  I probably will do that today.  

I need to do some dishes and cook up some sausage and then I am done with meals for the week.  I still have some money on the gift card so I can buy a cheeseburger tomorrow night and Friday.  I can do the sausage and cheese some meals and then the tuna salad on other days, that will cover the 4 days I work.  

Meal planning has been important for me.  One for financial and two for health.  I have found I just don't do as well eating a lot of wheat (like sandwiches) so I avoid that which naturally kicks me into more of a higher fat eating plan.  

I eat about 60% of calories from fat, 20% from carbs and 20% protein.  I feel good eating this way, I am full a long time after I eat, etc.  I can eat this way pretty cheaply I don't need special low carb foods.  I eat real things most of which only have a few ingredients on the label and all things I can pronounce.  That is very important to me if at all possible.  Food is not expensive, either, and I feel like I can eat pretty much anything I want.  

And I find if I can eat it I don't want to eat it as much.  I have pancake mix I made a batch weeks ago it was good but no desire for more.  I have been thinking about getting some Church's biscuits (3) which is about 80 carbs just doable on my plan if I eat smart the rest of the day, but I don't have a burning desire to go.  It is a good way to eat I can see me doing this long term.  

The program is easy to use and track my food I like that.  I am going to go figure out how to buy it.   

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the fat that you eat? I'm afraid to eat animal fat. I'm eating lots of protein but interested in the fat.

Heather Knits said...

Mainly mayo, coconut oil, cheese, sausage off hand. I make my tuna with 4 T mayo and a 5 ounce can of drained tuna in water. If I ate more cooked greens, which I should, I would put olive oil on them. Fats are about 118 grams a day. Carbs are 95, Protein about 100.

Anonymous said...

Ohh, I eat lots of cheese and chicken salad with mayo so I must be getting plenty.

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my carbs under 60. Probably lower than most days.
I am eating more carbs than the 5 years I was on Atkins because it was making me lose hair.

Heather Knits said...

Yeah if it was doing that makes you wonder what else it was doing. I was really sad to find out all sorts of good things for ketogenic diet and dementia, head injury, etc. might have been useful with Ron but he loved his carbs.

I know I have minimal headaches now so that is a huge benefit.