Monday, July 4, 2022

The light bulb

 I had a fluorescent light bulb, the twisty kind you screw into a regular fixture, in a lamp when the guys wired my overhead light a few years back.  They just used that light which was fine.  It finally burned out today.  

I was a little concerned how I was going to change it but the stepstool worked fine.  I had an old style bulb (I could not find the LED) so I used that, 60 Watt should be plenty.  It is also a warmer light so I like that.  

ION has been having a Chicago Fire/PD marathon which sounded fun but the first couple shows were about flesh eating bacteria complete with graphic victims.  Not something I want to see on a "food" holiday.  I know it is just makeup but it is still awful.  I hope the next shows are less icky.  

I had a protein shake that was good.  I also started taking my coconut oil again.  It is "old" but still good.  I keep the house (we did) about 85 degrees year round when Ron was alive.  People in Houston all say they couldn't live like that.  We did.  I keep it about 85 all summer now and then about 75 in the winter because gas heat is pretty inexpensive.  So it was always warm and my coconut oil was always liquid, except for when we had the big freeze a couple years ago and my house had no heat.  It got so cold in the house (58) that my coconut oil solidified.  I found that remarkable.  I still have plenty of coconut oil left.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: