Monday, July 4, 2022

Night of the Udon

 I am going to make some tea first and then I will post.  

I have figured out volume level #7 is good for me on the computer.  My neighbor's bedroom is not far, on the second floor right above my front room, she works odd hours so I don't want to be that person [censored] why won't they let me sleep?!!  Not me, been on the bad end of that too many times.  

The worst was our first apartment.  It was a badly converted garage complete with garage door in place to fool the housing inspector.  #6 did that with his garage redo which turned it into 2 bedrooms.  You could never guess he's got 4 kids in there unless you went around to my side and saw the windows.  Anyway, Carlos, next door to our first place, had boom-boom speakers and liked to play his music very loudly.  We could not complain because we weren't supposed to be there and we were getting a "good deal" for the Bay Area.  We didn't even have a kitchen, just a hose that came out of the wall and a plastic sink.  The bathroom was OK, shower, sink, and toilet, if you didn't mind raw sewage backing up into the shower on a regular basis.  All in all a pretty grim place but we were in love so of course none of that mattered.  The music was an ongoing problem especially as I worked early mornings in retail and Ron had to get up at 5-6 to catch his bus to go to classes in San Francisco.  But we made it.  But I will not be that person keeping other people up with my music.  Nope.  Not even after Ron died.  

Months ago I went to the Asian import store, not to be confused with the Halal import store.  We also have a Mexican meat market/grocer but that is on a very busy street so I won't be doing that.  Anyway I got some curry ramen (have not eaten, should be either really good or really bad) and some beef flavored Udon noodles.  Last night I decided to eat the Udon.  If it gave me a headache I am off today anyway.  

It didn't take long to cook basically like ramen, get 2 cups water boiling, throw in the noodles, stir for a few minutes, add flavor packet and eat.  They were pretty good but I would only give them a 6 on a 1-10.  I don't think I will eat them again just not that impressed for 50 carbs.  And I was shocked to find out the noodles were in my fitness app database.  I scanned the barcode and they came right up!  Carb Manager is the app, it is free if you want.  I like it.  It asks me to upgrade now and then but otherwise works fine.  

I slept great I think I woke up thirsty a few times but that was it.  I woke up with a mild headache that was helped with a caffeine drink so probably caffeine related.  But it was a fun experiment and the noodles only cost me about a dollar.  

Work went fine yesterday I was happy to get out though.  I did not do any shopping after work.  

I am regretting the fact I did not look at shorts.  I have 3 X shorts and they are getting baggy on me.  I need something that fits now and something a size smaller so I have a backup as I lose more weight.  But I have to use the fitting room for that and I have to manage that before work.  So Thursday will be go to the bank, go to McDonald's (thank you), go to fitting room and try on shorts because I don't know what size I am.  So I will probably leave the house earlier as the bus schedules changed and get me to work later than I'd like when I catch my "regular" bus.  So I can catch the early bus Thursday and then catch the regular bus Friday.  The shorts are about $6 so I want to get them...we are already getting back to school stuff and putting some shorts on clearance so I need to hurry.  

That is my only real problem right now.  That's a good problem to have.  

My ride home was completely uneventful my one driver took a real shine to me and chattered away the whole route it was cute.  She told me about all her pets.  

I had one driver recently said she remembered me because I gave her candy years ago, when Ron was in the hospital (must have been the blood clots), and I apparently talked about the cats as she remembered that.  Good memory!  I told her Ron was gone now but I still had a few cats.  Interesting to think I have made an impact I will only see for sure in Heaven.  

I sure go through a lot of candy I consider that my tithe these days.  That's it for now!  

No comments: