Wednesday, July 27, 2022

198.8

I wanted to just put the 198 but in the interest of honesty I will put the .8 as well.  That number I got twice so I feel it is legit.  

Less than 30 pounds to goal.  That is a nice place to be.  I may move the goal posts later and set it for 150 but that I don't think I'll do.  Menopause and medication mean I am going to be a higher weight.  I think it would be better to just accept that vs. trying to fit a place I can't go.  I spent a lot of good years beating myself up because I was not a size 10/150 pounds.  I know I can get to 170 I have done it before.  

The plan for now, Dad is still talking about giving me $100 when I hit under 200 for the third day in a row, is to possibly buy the Carb Manager program I am using the free version and it has helped me lose over 10 pounds, so that's good.  I feel like I should reward them and also unlock some features the premium version has...considering that, it is $30.  

The rest I would save for the next time my aunt comes and we go to the thrift store.  I could fill up my closet with great fitting clothes for $70.  I think that would make me the happiest.  

I do find it interesting I am still a 2 x in tops it is the Risperdal bosom.  Certain psych drugs create a chemical boob job and I went WAY up on my chest.  I learned this one day I was getting dressed and my bra wasn't fitting right... I went shopping and found out I had gone up 2 cup sizes.  I was shocked.  But I have stayed this size for years now, and I have to take the medication.  

Happily I have smaller band size bras if I ever go down on my bra size.  But the chest is there and means I  have to wear a plus sized top.  I am down into Missy sized jeans after much effort, I am a 20 in 2 brands so I call it a 20 now.  Three brands actually.  But the chest has pretty much stayed the same.  I went from a 3x top to a 2x but not a lot of choices in tops the last time we went to the thrift store.  But I like wearing short sleeves year round and don't mind a looser top as I don't want to advertise.  

Now, if I remarry (big if) and I am hanging out at home all day I could see me in my booty shorts and a tank top if it's just the 2 of us hanging out.  Or me by myself.  I had no problem wearing that outside to water my plants and check the mail.  But day to day especially work and riding the bus I want to be conservative.  

If I do lose a lot more on my top I might get a pack of XL men's t shirts for work.  I have about half a dozen bras waiting for me (same cup size, smaller band size) if that is an issue so that will save me money.  

I did some organizing of my dresser.  I moved my regular socks to a bottom drawer because I only wear them if I go out on a day off, not very often.  Support socks are right there in a top drawer.  Then I put jeans in between them.  I even have an extra drawer I am not even using.  

Today one thing I want to do is move my seasonal t shirts (I have a Halloween, and a Christmas) into my orange room closet and make more room on the rod for things I am wearing at present.  I moved my hot weather tshirts (normally used for working out) into my regular closet that is all I wear right now when I'm riding the bus.  If my cab driver buddy takes me to work on Saturday I will wear a regular t because it doesn't matter if I get sweaty on the way home, but if I am riding the bus to work I need to look as fresh as possible.  They are all modest and an assortment of colors.  Mainly purple, or black.  

So that's on the agenda for today but shouldn't be too hard.  Eventually I need to figure out the 3x shirts I do have and do I want to have them tailored when I get to goal or take them out to the garage.  Some of them are really nice.  But it would probably be cheaper to buy a new shirt at the thrift shop.  

I do plan to keep all my fat clothes as I have a proven record of gaining it back if I'm not careful and I need to prepare for worst case scenario.  

That's it for now.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm 5'7 when I got to 143 my daughter told me I was too thin.
Loved the size 10 pants though!
I remember feeling like a fish out of water trying to find clothes on the "other" side of the store. It probably looked like I was planning to steal them. I'm glad a lot of stores are putting all the sizes together now.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to get rid of my fat clothes when the time comes. If I find my clothes are getting tight, that'll be a sign I need to do something about it.

Heather Knits said...

My store has the bigger sizes in the middle of the department, by the fitting room.

When I was a teenager a Latina schoolmate told me "Heather you have an ass like a tortilla" which I took as a compliment! Not these days!

I just want to be healthy.

Anonymous said...

I have my mom's flat rear and square hips. Add that to the fact I've had a desk job all my life it probably made it flatter.

Heather Knits said...

LOL! I think I had a decent figure some 10 years ago last time I got down to a decent weight. But not sure what the "meno-belly" will do as I lose I think I will be stuck with some of that. I see a lot of women my age and up with thinning hair and a belly so probably not going to get an hourglass, but less of a watermelon shape would be nice.

One time Ron and I had a driver who thought I was pregnant. I just carry my weight in my belly. At least for now.