Sunday, July 17, 2022

Not a sight I want to find

For a little while I have noticed my grass was unusually green right next to my water meter.  But I didn't see an obvious leak and the bill was low so I wasn't worried.  I went to make tea while talking to my parents and very low water pressure.  What's this?  I look outside and there is a literal bubbling fountain out in my yard by the water meter.  

Well, crap.  That's not something I want to see.  Here it is: 


Blogger is acting up so you will have to deal with odd alignments.  So there it is... now I had that same pipe break back in 2011 and they said "if it is on our side it is free to fix, if it is on your side you need a plumber".  

So praying it is on their side.  On the plus side my tree is getting a great drink.  I hate to think of my water bill, though.  Worst case I do have some savings I can use to fix, I mean I will have to because I need water in my house.  

I did fill up all my containers and water bottles so I am set for a few days (don't want to touch the bottled water yet).  I save Gatorade bottles and refill them with water at work.  So I had several of them that should be plenty for a day or two.  And I have the next couple days off so I can get this done.  

It could have been the electric.  It could have been the sewer, or the A/C.  Praise God none of that.  But it is not fun to feel powerless.  But I either trust God or I don't.  He has given me the money to pay for this worst case.  Best case He will send a kindly utility worker who will fix it for free because it was their fault.  I am sure I am still on the hook for the water bill if it is their problem, though, that's how these things work.  

I can go without a shower tomorrow.  I was just thinking I probably use too much anti...

Ugh he just came and said I have to fix it.  BAD WORD.  There, I said it.  

Now I have to wait for dispatch to call me back with a time to excavate the pipe.  And then someone to fix it I presume.  I doubt the excavation guy does the repair... this will not be cheap.  

But God is on the throne I just need to seek His will.  And the water has been turned off so no more water bill.  Ugh that's going to be bad.  

If you pray I could use prayer on this.  I want to be in God's will and I know He has a good plan for me.  

The fence guy drove across my yard when I was not there, twice.  I can't help but wonder if he started the process that led to the pipe break.  I need to forgive him in my head at any rate but I admit I am some irked over the possibility.  My pipes are not deep in the ground, I don't know if that is all houses or just mine (which was a model home so not up to code in some aspects).  

At any rate this has been my evening.  I hope I can get a shower soon, and toilet flushing is going to be a load of fun let me tell you...

That's it for now.  


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes if they drove their truck on that spot they could have broken the water pipe. Is there a way to prove it though? Now you are out $$$ to fix this. What a lazy dumb ass that drove his truck into your backyard like that.

Heather Knits said...

It was across the front yard and park by the gate because he didn't want to carry the supplies 20 feet from the driveway, but that was months ago. I am thinking maybe he started the process that ended yesterday but no way to "prove" it.

You can bet I will be having a talk with any future contractors coming out to NOT do that. When I came home and found his truck by the gate I was not happy but I figured the damage had been done. The next time he came out good old #2 had parked on the street so he had to use the driveway.

No way to know for sure, though.

Anonymous said...

I hope it's not too expensive to repair. That sucks. Yep it could have caused a hair line crack that just gave way eventually. Why would someone drive on someone else's grass like that. Especially someone you hired to work at your house.

Heather Knits said...

Going to have a strict NO CARS ON THE GRASS policy now whenever I talk to someone about coming over. Plumber basically said driving over it would have started it and then the heat/drought finished it.