Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Monday night, Tuesday morning, some photos

 I got pictures of the stuff I bought the other day.  I will have photos of me in clothes probably tomorrow.  I don't have a full length mirror yet so I have to rely on my aunt for that.  

Anyway: 


T-shirt dress what you see is what you get.  Knee length.  Modest neckline I appreciate that.  $10, it is a mauve (kind of hard to see in photo).  1X because 2 X is huge on me.  


Jeans really were a dollar.  Pays to have a friend in the store who knows the markdown deals.  "Heather maybe these will fit you?"  Yes, Ma'am!  I was willing to spend a dollar to find out!  I can't exactly use the fitting room on the clock.  


Same jeans, they are a wide leg with a high fitted waist.  I like the style even before it was $1.  I will be on the lookout for other "ultra high rise" jeans in the future.  Wash is OK I prefer a really dark wash but I probably need to branch out anyway.  And it was $1.  


Name brand, $6.  I was shocked an 18 fit me well.  Length is good for going out in public. I hope to find some more good deals tomorrow at the thrift shop.  I am going to put up a link to a song.  It is profane and not Godly at all, but it is a very funny song about a thrift shop by Mackelmore.  


So I was tired last night and I said to myself, "Don't be stupid, go to bed early".  I have NEVER regretted going to bed early so I did that, and woke up at 5 AM ready to go.  I started on laundry, I have some clothes in the dryer already and some darks in the wash, then the other mixed colors will go last.  I think that will be it for the day.  

I am listening to my You Tube music mix which right now features Zydeco by Step Rideau.  Ron and I heard him at a 4th of July festival Houston put on downtown back in 2002.  I bought a couple of CD's and I would play them for him in the hospital.  He also liked the Marc Antoine (smooth jazz) CD he would shout if they turned it off and complain in his non verbal way until they turned it on again.  One time they sent me out of the room and when I came back he was furious.  His music was off.  I turned it on again and he calmed down.  He was also pretty upset and they admitted they had tried to brush his hair, which was tangled.  I said I will brush his hair if you want and I started at the ends and worked my way up, the "right" way for longer hair.  If you start at the roots it hurts and breaks the hair.  He settled down pretty quick and I gave him a foot rub and he was good as new.  No wonder they let me stay in his room!  I invested a lot in him after the accident and I have zero regrets on that.  

I had read a book where a man had to take a long trip during war, was gone a few months, and when he got back his wife said "I thought you were dead so Bob and I are together now and he got me pregnant".  I told Ron I thought that was wrong on the woman's part and he said she had a right to find someone else but asked me to wait at least a year if something happened with him.  So that seemed fair I would give him a year.  Of course within 8 months he was paying his bills again and 10 months he was back at work filing sales tax returns.  But if I just looked at him the first couple/several months I might have given up.  But he always got better and better so I focused on that (except when he had the bladder infection).  That's just how I operate and I don't regret doing it that way.  I have to live with myself and I sleep just fine knowing how I treated him.  

Cats are good.  Spotty and I had a conversation this morning he came in meowing at me for breakfast, I meowed back, we had quite a dialogue for a little bit.  Then I fed him of course.  The other cats were there too.  

Yesterday I was talking to a customer who (woman) was wearing a "rescue" t shirt with a picture of a dog and a big heart.  I told her rescue cats were my favorite breed.  By the time her friend came over she was telling me all about her pit bull's ear condition.  I really enjoy a lot of customer contact.  I feel a little funny admitting that but there it is.  

Yes, some of them are awful.  Some of them need to put some clothes on.  Some of them need to discipline their children.  But overall they are awesome and most importantly they are paying my bills.  So I call them all "Boss".  They all love it.  Some of them go "what?" and I say it again and they're like, OK.  But no one has gotten upset or told me not to call them that.  And we have a big poster in the breakroom reminding us the customer is the boss. 

But I have today off so mainly just focus on wash/dry/hang clothes.  I hang everything even t shirts it is much easier.  That's it for now!  

No comments: