Monday, July 11, 2022

Monday morning

Well Mom and Dad are feeling a little better and Dad is clear to go out in public in a day or so.  

Yesterday pretty uneventful going to work, a dress I had liked was on the clearance rack but no tag so I scanned it with my phone.  There is a Walmart app "civilians" can download that will let you do this, I have a work app that lets me.  It scanned at $10 for the 1X so I pulled the trigger and bought it.  During the course of my work day I encountered (my boss actually brought me a pair of jeans, that were $1, said "Maybe you can fit these" and they were a 20 so I bought them, they fit great; a customer also decided against buying a pair of cargo shorts for $6, they were an 18, so I got them too - will use tax refund to cover all this - when I got home ALL fit great) some other deals so I walked out of there with my bag stuffed when I left.  But I have to wash them of course.  I am very pleased.  And I am OK using tax refund to buy them, I can always use a cute dress, can wear shorts on day off (they are modest) and jeans will be perfect for work.  Jeans are high waisted and then wide legs so a little out there fashion wise for me but I like them and of course you can't beat $1 price tag.  And they fit perfectly. Not sure how I will wear the t-shirt dresses but I have a couple now which is nice if I want to dress up a little.  I may take them to see my Dad in a couple of months.  

I will do some grocery shopping today before work so I don't have to go out on my day off.  I don't mind getting groceries if I am already out at work.  Do mind if I have to make a special trip.  And Walmart is the only one who has the turkey sausage. I have a little list, can't get too much as I have to carry it home but it will be enough to eat.  I am hoping they have the store brand tuna back in stock.  I have a list.  

Today's my Friday get through today and have 2 days off.  Even better, get through the week and get 3 days off next week.  They don't want to give me too many hours and I am OK getting 3 days off every other week.  Budget is pretty much toast except for groceries this week.  That's OK I had fun doing it and I can use the clothes.  I had to retire some 18W jeans recently (too big) so this will be good.  

And I need to take my shower... and all ready for work candy done up and everything.  I have been giving a "sanitized" (no Scripture booklet) bag to the lady at the self check.  I can't hand out Scripture booklets at work they specifically say fornication is a sin and will send you to hell and that would get me fired.  Even if it is true.  And remember I lived with Ron before we got married, I'm sympathetic.  

I plan to call the HOA today and get an extension on getting my tree trimmed so my aunt won't feel like she has to rush down here to help.  She wants to have a fashion show and see what I have and how it looks on me, will probably take photos so I will put them up if you're interested.  I am thinking to wear leggings under the t shirt dress which is about knee length, if I go out somewhere, just thinking.  

I had some good cuddle times with my boys (Biscuit and Spotty) already that is good to fortify me for the day.  Hopefully it shouldn't be too bad.  Weekday mornings are nothing like the weekend.  

That's it for now!  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

T shirt dress might look cute with leggings?

Anonymous said...

Love hearing about all the bargains you found at your store!! Glad your parents are feeling a little better too.

Heather Knits said...

I'm thinking leggings too. I will do a post with pics.

Anonymous said...

Glad your parents are better. You make me laugh every time you say modest shorts. Of course, they are, do you think we'll think you're buying short shorts? lol

Heather Knits said...

Actually my $6 shorts are "booty shorts" at least in my book. I won't wear them out in public but they are very comfortable and cover my butt and hoo-ha. [grim]

If God has a man out there for me I am sure he will appreciate I am not sharing everything with the world. Some things, in my book, only for the spouse. But you won't catch me in a hijab either, my modesty has limits.