Tuesday, July 26, 2022

199

 Well it happened... the pounds just come off once I start my cycle.  All that stagnation melts away.  199 the first time I weighed and then it was 200 when I weighed after.  But still down a pound at worst.  

I finally found a great hanging out at home outfit, my new knit shorts (the ones that fit) and a white tank top.  The tank top is a 22 and a little loose but I like it.  If someone looks in the window they will not get a show.  If the yard guy comes I can put on a bra before I go out and give him a bottle of water.  

I slept really badly last night for some reason, not sure why.  Biscuit was in the bed with me when I woke up, he is so cute.  Cleo visited when I was on the toilet.  Some cats feel like they need to guard you when you use it, I think in her case she feels safe, I can't jump up and grab her, but I can pet her.  So I did a lot of that and talking to her.  I think it is very important to talk to my cats.  I haven't seen Spotty he is probably outside having the time of his life.  

I need to get started on laundry.  Got that going, did a load of darks with the "dark colors" laundry detergent and some laundry sanitizer as that is all stuff I wear on the bus and to work, figure it could use a boost.  I also made some tea to drink later.  I do love my tea.  

That goes back to adoptive Mom making "sun tea" in the summer with Lipton tea bags.  I liked it so much I started drinking it as hot tea.  Then buying my own fancy tea with my allowance.  In better days my stepbrother would buy me a little tin of fancy tea for Christmas every year.  

SPOTTY'S HOME!  He was greeted like a conquering hero and went straight for the food bowl.  

Ron would buy me things like the Stash Tea "Year of Tea" (520 tea bags) for a gift now and then.  But I like iced tea in the summer.  I just get those generic brand jumbo tea bags.   The Walmart "decaf" are really decaf unlike the HEB version which kept me up all night.  So I pick those up at work now and then.  I have my electric kettle and I make a batch, put it in my 2 quart cup and drink that all day.  Good times.  

Better with some lemon but I didn't like the price, or the looks, of the lemon I saw at work.  I will wait for lemon season in winter.  

I'll come back later  

I sprinkled the Spectracide all around the house and boy is that some nasty stuff.  I hope I don't get a migraine.  Then I ran the soaker hose.  Most encouragingly I did find a big fire ant next right under my kitchen window, behind a bush.  So that may be Ground Zero for the ants.  I poisoned it and watered in the poison "special".  I couldn't find any other fire ant evidence.  It was sure nice to come inside.  

It's like my brother says, keep the thermostat at 80 and it sure feels nice when you come indoors, it doesn't need to be 62 in the house to be comfortable.  He is also on a budget only works part time with social security.  And he is disabled although he would object to that term.  

So we will see how well the soaker hose works it was coming around the house when I went inside.  I plan to do it 1x a week on my day off until we get some rain.  I will have to roll it up after every use or guaranteed the yard guy will come along and weed whack it.  And it wasn't cheap.  I washed my hands about a half dozen times too.  

You may remember some time back I was storing water in my bedroom closet and found water on the floor, but couldn't source the leak.  It really bothered me, I drained my two big refillable water jugs and put them in the garage.  Then last week with the broken pipe and why did I store more water?  So I filled them up and put them in the garage...and when I went out today there's a big puddle under one of them.  So that's that.  I need to toss that jug and rethink if I want to get more as I'd planned...but I did not have a plumbing or a roof problem.  That is good to know.  I am taking care of the bug problem and the foundation all at once, happy about that.  It will up my water bill but only about as much as a load of laundry and a shower.  And I hadn't planned on a shower today anyway.  

 So that is working.  Back and side of house look moist but front is lacking... these things are not 100% precise.  I got out the old fashioned hose and spray handle for that.  Watered my plants while I was at it the catnip looks really bad.  Ugh my water bill is going to be horrendous but a lot cheaper than a foundation repair.  

Insurance companies apparently liked the resume I put up online a year ago and are still bugging me about it.  I am certainly passionate about having good insurance but don't have the 100% social skills for that, I think.  I am good enough in a Walmart sales associate job but for the heavy hitting stuff I don't think so.  Not to mention insurance sales agents work mad hours.  I wouldn't really care about that but I need to take the bus home.  

Anyway I am going to go check the hose.  I feel bad opening my door so many times this morning.  Ideally I would have an airlock setup with 2 doors in and out.  Looks OK for now I turned it off.  Now it's time for a Chicago Fire marathon I haven't seen these episodes so I will enjoy that.  

I had some kippered herring for breakfast and keep burping up fish. Ugh.  I am convinced my cutting out the soda has helped a lot with the weight loss, aspartame too.  After all I should be under 200 pounds this week.  That's a good goal.  

That's it for now plan to take a nap later.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't sleep well either, I thought it was the wine.
I don't know how much I weigh but would be thrilled if I was under 200.
I suspect not yet but I really have no idea, I purposely don't have a scale.

Heather Knits said...

I just wish I knew my all time high... I know at one point I was definitely 258, have no idea of my weight around when Ron died, just that it was a lot less and 244 a few months later, so probably around 260.

Sometimes I see 3x clothes at work and I am amazed that was my size.

My weight has gone between 200 and 260 off and on for about 20 years now.

I used to like red wine but it made for horrible headaches.

Anonymous said...

At one time 2X was starting to get tight on me and I was in size 22 pants.
I'm not that big now but I have a feeling I'm still over 200.
Working on it.

Heather Knits said...

What has really done it for me is seeing how crippled and unwell the larger, older, women are. Seeing young women in their 20's on the shopping cart at work because they are so obese they can't walk the store.

I'm not at that point and I want to keep it that way.