Monday, July 18, 2022

Monday draws to a close

 Just waiting on the guys to come out.  A utility worker came out and marked the grass where the underground utilities run so I won't have any drama in that regard.  

I thought about running out and getting some Gatorades but my aunt talked me out of it, said the guys might come when I was gone.  Assuming the water is fixed today I'm not sure what I will do tomorrow.  One the one hand I want to flop in front of my TV and watch my "Chicago Fire" reruns.  Today has just been a lot of stress.  

They should be here in 2 hours.  That is good to know.  I can take a shower tonight and do laundry.  I am really glad I was not running the washer when the pipe broke.  

I am glad God has sent good people to help me.   Just hard to wait and then I worry will the repair stick.  For what I am paying it had better.  But things fail, God is eternal.  I am a patient and cheerful person, free of anxiety.  

But I will feel better when he gets here.  Maybe he got some dinner first; and I know rush hour traffic on our nearest freeways can be really bad.  I am patient and cheerful...

What I will NOT do is jump all over him when he does get here.  Very hard to find someone to dig up plumbing in 100 degree heat.  I texted the boss, I called a couple of hours ago (supposed to be here at 3) it is not looking good.  Haven't heard back yet...

I was really hoping to get water tonight but I don't think he has time to fix it even if he did get here in a few minutes.  

Later: 

He came, said he did not want to work in the midafternoon makes sense to me.  Came out, dug it up, found the problem, put copper pipe.  Said "Your meter is dead" so I later called the water company because I need to pay for what I use.   Someone from the water board actually called me back probably didn't believe I want to pay for my water.  

Some photos: 


You can tell it's an authentic Heather photo because I always put my finger in it.  

That's the money shot right there.  I flushed the toilet, and took a nice long shower.  

Will be interesting to see if I need a new meter (no charge to me) tomorrow That's it for now.  


No comments: