Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Tuesday afternoon

 Well I got my shower, shaved my legs, worked on laundry, did my God Time.  Sent the last book in the "People of the Ark" series to my aunt.  I could only loan the books once and she asked first.  Mom was able to get something else from the library.  I figured reading was a good activity for a COVID patient.  

Aunt is better, parents are getting better.  Parents did not want any of the treatments they were pretty adamant about that which I found interesting.  This is the same Dad who paid the difference between stents and a triple bypass heart operation back in the 90's (obviously money well spent as I still have him).  Insurance would only pay for stents but he wanted it DONE.  It took a lot out of him but it worked.  He and Ron had matching scars on their chests.  

Biscuit got up in my lap for petting and I am allergic to him!  But I don't care he's my baby.  I always remember him the day I met him sitting on my shoulder at the bus stop (his idea), then he tried to get on the bus with me.  He's a good boy, very loving.  

I took a short nap and ordered a coat for Prime Day.  This one is a puffer coat, $20, ivory color.  Size chart looks OK.  Should fit great reviews say it is nice and warm.  Here is a link:  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PZ8M1LD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My WIN 7 computer is glitchy so I can't put up a "real" link.  But you get the idea.  I don't want a white coat but it was strongly suggested by a bus driver when I ride in the dark, and also riding home at night we almost run over the people in dark colors but easily avoid the ones wearing white.  So that's a factor too.  

I will still look at the thrift shop and see what I can find because the coat might not fit.  Or be too hot, any number of things.  But it is a start.  When I ride in the early morning I see it is getting darker and darker in the morning when I am out riding the bus so it seems prudent to have light colored apparel as the weather gets cold.  I have white t shirts I can wear now but I'm thinking ahead.  And I picked a size that will fit me now.  

Apparently, according to the size charts I have a smaller butt than my waist size would allow.  A 40 inch waist has 49 inch hips according to Amazon.  But my hips are closer to a 46.  I think some of it is midlife changes, a bigger belly and smaller hips.  

I dated a very odd young man named John when I was a teenager, he was very into me, me, not so much into him.  One time he got daring and asked me to measure my waist and hips.  27 inch waist and 35 inch hips.  He said that was a very big waist for a woman I "should" have been 24.  Like I said he wasn't good at impressing people.  But the numbers stuck in my head.  That would be a size 4 according to size charts today, back then it was a 7/8.  I remember I was upset when I gained weight and got into a 10 and Ron kept saying I was a "perfect" 10.  He didn't say anything when I got into a 12.  So anyway my hips have always been about 8 inches bigger than my waist.  But the size charts have the hips 10 inches bigger so I guess I will be a little baggy in the hips.  

Now if I won the lotto I might get things tailored if I knew I was at goal, but I am happy in my off the rack clothes.  

I am hungry, I need to eat.  I don't want to eat anything stupid.  I am really good at planning meals on work days but terrible in planning for a day off.  I plan to do dishes.  

Now I have to explain one of those bizarre anxiety things in my life, looking on the north side of my house @ #6.  The side of the house is the property line.  I don't check it much because it entails going on their property and it feels like trespassing even though I have a "right".  One time about 10 years ago I went to check it and a big piece of siding had fallen off, I was pretty unhappy that #6 didn't bother to tell me this had happened.  So I am very reluctant to do it.  

But I girded up my ovaries and went out there with my canister of ant bait.  That was the intent, to find the nest if possible and poison it.  I figured it would be a good visual aid with the non English speaking wife/mother.  I could lift it up and point.  Say "Ants es malos" or something and go poison them.  BUT I went over, no one home, went in backyard.  My house looks fine and no ants and he has really fixed up his backyard.  But no ants.  I looked along the whole fence.  I left and went back to my yard, hunted high and low, found no ants.  So I don't know where they are getting in my bed but they are.  Ron's bed seems to be a clear area so I will just use that for now.  I went out and tried to bait but there are no nests.  And I looked everywhere.  

But I am glad I got up my nerve to do that.  He had a nice little row of plants along the side of my house, it was cute.  

I am fixing up the house somewhat for my aunt.  I'm not going to go crazy but I don't want her afraid to use the bathroom, either.  Like, cleaning the toilet.  Working on that.  I am going one round with the pine sol and pumice, let that soak a while, then another round with the actual toilet bowl cleaner with bleach.  I have stuff I can use for the rest of it.  She is sensitive to fragrance (migraine trigger) so I will use the unscented stuff I have leftover from when Ron was alive.  He loved that stuff and it does a good job.  I will get it.  I already cleaned most of the sink (don't want to move a bunch of stuff) but it looks better.  

Happily I did the heavy lifting with the bathing today by shaving my legs.  I also want to do some dishes.  I will do the cooking tomorrow.  Next work week I only work 4 days then 3 off.  So I only need to make 4 lunches.  It worked really well for me to have a sausage and cheese dish for one meal (like before work) and something like tuna salad for my lunch.  But I really need to get better at planning meals on the days I'm off; I'm figuring it out, though.  

I got all my dishes soaking in the sink in hot, soapy, water.  It is scalding hot.  I will let it cool down a while and finish it.   Almost done now, soaking in my sanitizer solution.  

That's it for now.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are worth it to have a clean toilet for you. I sometimes go 2 weeks but that's pushing it.
Do it for you!

Anonymous said...

Heather Knits said...

Yeah toilet wasn't too bad but it had the ring. And I need to buy more toilet bowl cleaner. But it looks good today.

Anonymous said...

I still wonder if that toilet is what killed Torbie. I know you used to let her drink out of it and you cleaned it with pine sol.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't pumice scratch the porcelain?
No way could I get that up close and personal with my toilet to put my hand in the bowl. Lol

Heather Knits said...

Never had a problem with pumice. The last 20 years with Ron vastly adjusted my ick factor and what freaks me out.

I only used pine sol in the toilet a few times, she had stopped drinking out of the toilet some time back. She died of old age; I found her dead one day. She did not act sick at all like she would have if she had been poisoned somehow. I have to figure it was either diabetes, cancer, or kidney trouble got her. She was very old at 16. The big surprise to me was how quickly Baby Girl gave up after Torbie died. They were not friendly. The other cats are great.

Biscuit lays on the tub mat when I am in the shower sometimes but he never goes near the toilet. He prefers his water fountain. The other 2 never go in the bathroom. They like the water bowl I keep in the bedroom.