Saturday, July 23, 2022

Saturday morning

Well I will say #6 did wrap it up pretty early.  About 11:30.  He has gone to 3 AM on some occasions so I considered that a win.  When we were coming in the subdivision we saw another party going on a couple blocks away, also Latino, so maybe some special Mexican holiday?  I am not sure.  

Last week I got yelled at on a Saturday so we will see what happens today.  I'm on edge from this and will feel better when they say I am doing alright.  An attaboy would be great but just not yelling at me would be better.  

I can understand why they were cracking heads, I know for a fact one employee was taking 3-4 half hour breaks in addition to her one hour lunch.  She was also on her phone constantly while working, on personal calls.  I can understand one personal call now and then but this was ongoing.  But I haven't seen her in a while maybe they made an example of her.  I was nowhere near that bad.  

But we will see, worrying will do nothing so I won't.  I will just go in and do my job well.  I do find it interesting they were upset about my performance over a year after I got hired.  I was not at 100% production for probably 6 months after I got hired due to just losing Ron but they were fine.  Maybe they got yelled at for something else and it rolled downhill to me.  I don't know.  

I would like to feel secure; but worst case all the McDonald's in my area are hiring and I am sure I could get on quick there if it came to that.  Not speaking much Spanish might be a problem, though.  Anyway I can't anticipate everything and trying to will only get me an ulcer.  

Can I say again how much I DISLIKE fear based management?  But I do hear this is what Walmart does all the way up to the store manager level.  I don't like it.  Yes they throw sheet cake at us now and then but they can write that off...and the blue icing they use stains my teeth and makes me look freaky.  They need to either work on appreciating the associate or cracking the whip.  Hard to do both at the same time.  

And I think that is vague enough.  

Anyway I need to take my shower in a minute.  I did sleep great last night when I did drop off which was great.  That is the nice thing about running around all day like a crazy woman, it wears me out.  The Bible has something about that in Ecclesiates the laborer sleeps better than the rich man.  

An interesting note about my schedule.  Back to school weekend will be very busy for the store, almost as crazy as Christmas.  A lot of families in my area.  So my regular schedule has me working until 10 PM Thursday and Friday nights.  Back to school weekend they have me coming in the morning, instead of the afternoon, and working until 5 PM those nights.  So I guess someone working mornings got the weekend off.  I like it, actually, because I don't have to pay for a ride home if I don't want, and can take the bus home.  Still plenty safe at 5PM even getting off near my subdivision a couple hours later it will still be light BUT I suspect they will ask me to work later which is OK.  I can use the money and I had normally budgeted $40 for the two rides anyway.  I am very curious to see what they have for me Saturday and Sunday.  We will have to wait and see.  I will eat a lot of protein  that's for sure.  

Off to the shower... 

Funny, #6 did leave at 7:30 so easy to see why he ended the party early.  I am all set for work just waiting on my ride.  

Cats are good, I made them eat the "old" food in the bowl before I gave them breakfast.  I don't want little brats who waste cat food.  The stuff is not cheap, nor easy to obtain.  

Doing up candy it looks like I need another bag of Mega Brands assorted, I need to figure out what day I want to do that.  I am not "out" but will be by Monday afternoon.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: