Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Whining, lots of whining

See, I like to warn you.

When I was a kid "they" always talked about "head cold" and "chest cold".  Last week, I had a head cold.  So did half Houston, I think.

The sad thing, today I figured out who got me sick!  He is a nice guy, and I have to remind myself, people are often the most contagious before they even show symptoms.

This week, I have a chest cold.  I was up half the night hacking and gasping for breath, as sinus crud drained, got inhaled, and coughed up again.  You think it sounds bad, it was pretty bad living it!

Normally I seldom get colds.  I think my sugar intake may be to blame; or God wants me to rest.

Counting my blessings:  It is only a cold.  I don't need any medical care.  I have a robust immune system.  I would rather have the sinus crud draining, than have it blocked up and agonizing.

I'm just glad the guys haven't come out yet - I would hate to share this.

Work was good.  Ron and I went to the warehouse, got our supplies, and stocked them.  We had the repairman fix the coffee machine.  Ron's happy with it.

I did snacks and checked sodas (which were OK), while Ron stocked bottled sodas.  We got it done, and went and stocked the other location.

I ran by a Dollar store and got some OTC cough syrup.  Boy, do I need it.  I'm not too bad right now, actually.  I just have a tickle and the drainage, my chest hurts from coughing.

We came home, I took a nap.  Woke up coughing, took more stuff.

I'm staying home tomorrow.


No comments: