Monday, August 6, 2012

What would they find?

You know, I would have thought the readers would drop off when I started getting loud about my faith.  While I may have lost some, I have a lot of readers.

I wish I could hug you all.  Remember I am praying for you every day!

I had a funny thought just now.  I was listening to some music on You Tube.   Christian music.

Right now, it's Chris Tomlin.  It's nice.  Not my usual.  I tend to prefer things like "Transformers" by Tedashii.  I tell Ron my purchases keep the rappers honest and living a moral, Christian, life.

Truth is, I think God gave me preferences more in line with my recipients!  I "Minister to the Sinister" on occasion!   Ghetto kids are kids - and when God sends them my way they're ready to meet him.  I just give them a Bible and pass them on to someone else.  Of course I pray for them, daily.

Sometimes, when I have a migraine, I'll pray for my "list" between heaves into my 5-gallon bucket, or lying in bed with my ice bag.  It's vital.  Vital.

Dark forces are prowling; my weapon is prayer.  I'd better use it.

Praise is also a weapon, but I think that's more for my personal issues.  God's made it clear, if I feel like praising Him, do it, but it's not mandatory.  I'm manic, so He's getting a lot of attention!

Anyway, I had the thought: what if someone found my computer after the rapture?  They'd go to Youtube and hear the music.  See Bible Gateway right up there on my "top websites".

What are they, anyway?  2 pretrib message boards.  Facebook.  Blogger (of course [grin]), Bible Gateway, Youtube, Google, news site, and Email.

What if someone walks into my home?  Well, they're going to find a LOT of Bibles - at least until my next handout!  They will find hundreds of tracts and scripture booklets.  That's just the front room!  Kitchen is a mess.

Computer room - this computer.  Modem.  A nice $30 speaker set.  It has great bass.  I also have the loveseat you see in my video blogs, and a bookcase with various devotionals, daily Bibles, etc.  

Laundry room.  I make my own detergent, which I keep in an old whey protein jar, which is clearly marked.  Old washer and dryer, which is fine.  They get the clothes clean and dry - that's what matters.  I hear bad things about the HE washers anyway.

Ron's room.  Very simple.  Computer and talking book machine.  Generally secular books.  He has a couple audio Bibles on his hard drive.

Bathroom; looks a lot better than it did a few months ago!  Clean, organized.  Small.  But I don't wear makeup or primp anyway.

My room: messy.  Of course.  Various books on evangelism and spiritual warfare.  Water bottles next to the bed.  Hamper full of clean clothes.

That's it.  I got rid of some old journals months ago.  I didn't like the tone - ugly.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You used to wear mineral make up and primping is not a negative thing is it? Primping is a negative word. A clean face with a little make up is lfigurativly like frosting on a cake. you did so well and looked so beautiful in a natural, non primpy way. I think while your priorities may have changed you where doing so well and such an inspiration for those of us who check in from time to time ( I know you from LCF).am back on low carb took a break for a while and realized all the crappy feelings I have physically were directly related to a fast food processed food diet full of processed carbs.
I don't think your Faith has anything to do with people not reading, or leaving. There are tons of blogs folks bounce around. You are ineresting to read, but yes a bit judgmental about morality. Whomever EJ is seemed to really piss you off! Anyway I was back to check on low carb, knitting, gardening and how the hand outs were going, and will come back again. Sorry about your cold. Be well and hopefully I will find you low carving, working out and " primping" again soon! You used to find the best bargains on very cute clothing!

Heather Knits said...

Heidi, one reason I hate "primping" - I always have to pee due to my lithium. Like, every hour.

I can't stand it when I'm standing outside a public bathroom, I hear a flush, I hear the sink running, the paper towel dispenser, and I'm waiting and waiting for 5 minutes, and she's putting on makeup! Fixing her hair! And I NEED TO PEE!

Ugh. Sometimes I think they should have a makeup application/fixing my hair room next door to the actual bathroom, with toilet.

I have a lot more readers now than I ever did on LCF - which I find ironic. No banner ads, either. Last check I had over 2,400 reads a month.

EJ was a troll. I hate trolls. I haven't gotten many.

I need to get back on Low-carb, that's for sure. I'm hating my video blogs, I have more jowls than Jabba the Hutt.

Heather Knits said...

Heidi, one reason I hate "primping" - I always have to pee due to my lithium. Like, every hour.

I can't stand it when I'm standing outside a public bathroom, I hear a flush, I hear the sink running, the paper towel dispenser, and I'm waiting and waiting for 5 minutes, and she's putting on makeup! Fixing her hair! And I NEED TO PEE!

Ugh. Sometimes I think they should have a makeup application/fixing my hair room next door to the actual bathroom, with toilet.

I have a lot more readers now than I ever did on LCF - which I find ironic. No banner ads, either. Last check I had over 2,400 reads a month.

EJ was a troll. I hate trolls. I haven't gotten many.

I need to get back on Low-carb, that's for sure. I'm hating my video blogs, I have more jowls than Jabba the Hutt.