Thursday, August 30, 2012

Farmer's Tan

I was discussing New Orleans with someone today, and ended up pretty upset.

Suffice to say, after Katrina, I did not see the best citizens, New Orleans had to offer.  [snerk]  So, I have a very bad case of NIMBY - not in my backyard.  The rest of the city feels that way, too, and I am CERTAIN our mayor will not re-enact the Katrina fiasco.  I understand getting back on your feet, but choosing not to work for years, because you have free housing, utilities, and food stamps?  Then whining when they cut you off, after 2 years?

If you've read my blog from 2008, you know I had a pretty hard time, and I had ZERO outside help.
POD envy
In Sickness - don't forget that "ailment" progressed to a crippling neuropathy that has Ron in bed, at home.  He only gets up to eat and use the bathroom.

I had all that - and then the hurricane.  Good thing I had my faith.

I did find it interesting, I saw Mississippi and Louisiana plates, in the Walmart parking lot, as we left today.  Smart people.  Good old Houston: Give me your evacuees.

Oh, speaking of Walmart.  Our ride was late.  We only had a half hour.  I put Ron on the bench to wait.

I went shopping.  I need travel-size bottles, wet wipes, etc.  I wanted a new baseball cap.  I like to wear them on sunny days (often), with a different color for various moods.  I have a bright yellow, and a navy I wear primarily now.

The baseball caps didn't happen.  I got bogged down in skincare.  My skin is still a little raw and sore, on my arms and face, from the sunburn.  I have some Native blood - how much is unclear, but say about 1/16 at least (on one side).  It's enough to keep me from burning - most days.

It's weird, when I fold my arms across my chest, the chest and arms look like they belong to 2 different people.  Not that I'm putting up a photo!

[snort]  I wonder how many hits that would get?  I will say, I have a HUGE farmer's tan.

Skincare - I realized I was feeling very foggy and could't capture my thoughts.  It wasn't mania - I was just very scattered and, I guess, ADD.  I had a hard time focusing on what I needed to do, and doing it.

I did wonder, after I got home,  how my IQ would have tested out like that.  Not very high.

I did that, then tried to figure out the travel size items, what I needed.   Did I need deodorant?  What was I doing again?

Along the way, I put a tube of frizz-fighter hair cream into the cart, I plan to try that out.  My hair gets frizzy along my part, and it's only $2.50.

I got a little bar of Dove, hair gel, a soap holder, etc.  I got the things Ron said he needed.  He paid me back.

I remembered the soda, got some, went back.  Ron wanted salty snacks, got them, then got myself some various yogurt items.  I like the whole fat plain greek yogurt - good for taking pills.  I also like to eat the diet yogurt for a "treat".  I plan to have a "cherry" later.

I considered TV dinners but said no.  Then I got Ron his deli chicken (which he shared with the cat).  I checked out, our ride came on time, and we came home.

I felt really disconnected from my body.  I was so tired I almost forgot to put the yogurt in the fridge.  I had a good little nap.

Woke up with "Losing my Religion" running through my head, then finished reading a biography of a punk rocker who's now a pastor.  It's a good read.


No comments: