Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"I love Jesus" and a coffee can

If you're a man, you might want to skip the first paragraph.

Ugh.  My cycle started, with the usual wracking, eviscerating, cramps.  I had to take a couple doses of naproxen, which raise my lithium levels, so I've been a little dim today.  I also slept horribly.

However, we had a LOT to do today.  So, I got up.  We went to the warehouse and got chips and soda, took them to work.  Lots of heavy lifting for me.

After work, Chuck picked us up, ran an errand and then Home Depot.  I needed caulk, a caulk gun, all kinds of things, particularly 8 foot hardiplank boards.

I did a good job, asking for help, and I got it.  I put the various items on the cart.  We had left Ron up front.

I finally got over to the boards.  I started loading them up.  I put all 8 onboard and Chuck said "These are 12 foot".  Oops.

So, I had to get out my cell phone and calculate.  If I needed 64 linear feet of board, how many 12 foots do I need?  I got 6.  Boy, they were heavy.  I smashed my hand, too.  Not badly, of course, I can still type, but I'll have a bruise tomorrow.

Got checked out.  They laughed when I got out my "wallet" - an old coffee can.  As I saved the money, I put it into the can.  It worked.

We went outside and loaded the truck.  Chuck was concerned.  We didn't have a flag on the protruding boards.  I took my "I love Jesus" scarf off my backpack and tied it onto a board.  It worked great.

We got home and put the boards in the backyard.  Let me tell you, after getting all that home I am exhausted.  I'll start painting tomorrow.

I am starving.  Ron's taking me out for dinner later - a BBQ shack nearby.  It has good reviews.  I'll let you know how I like it.

No comments: