Saturday, August 25, 2012

That's not Heather!

Sometimes I look at my "friends" list on Facebook, and wonder "Where did you all come from?"

I had joined and my adoptive sister friended me, then the rest of the family.  Then someone, very active on a low-carb message board, found me (I think via email) and friended me.  People from pretrtib Christian message boards friended me.  We can't forget the work group, either, and the friends I picked up through there.

I have former bosses, current bosses (Ron's supervisor), childhood friends (them, I found on my own), a lady I met at the bus stop, and even another woman with my name.  Heather is common.  The last name is not.  I found that one pretty funny.  She is gorgeous, "hot", seems like a lovely lady.  And we have the same name.

I wonder how many people go to find her and I pop up?  And, vice verse.  "That's not Heather!" they say!

At any rate, I have well over 200.  It's generally people who know me and their friends.  Oh, I forgot the guy in Kenya.  He doesn't post much but boy, he has the funniest, cleanest jokes.  I think some of them picked me because I am open about having bipolar disorder.  Others probably liked my "statement of faith".  I know a couple are also Fetal Alcohol AND Bipolar, like me.  Poor things.  It is ghastly.

For a very long time, I kept my illness in the closet.  I didn't even admit some symptoms, to myself.  One happy day, I had a diagnosis, and learned all my problems are incredibly common.  I had a label: Bipolar one, mixed episodes, rapid cycling, psychotic features.  I had medication, an antidepressant, a mood stabilizer (I still hug and kiss the bottle when I get my refills), and best of all - the antipsychotic.  No more weirdness.

I still get depressed, like I am now, but I talk about it.  I will post - I'm battling a horrible depression and I need prayer.

And, unlike what I had come to expect, the average "friend" is incredibly kind and supportive.  They pray for me, give me virtual hugs, and care.

That's a nice thing to have.

That's not even counting you guys, whom I love to death.  ((((hugs)))  But you know that, don't you?

No comments: