Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rock the chest

I had a good talk with my sister yesterday.  "Don't forget your bathing suit" she said.

Gulp.

You might think I hate swimsuit shopping because it makes me feel fat.  Well, I am.  I'm OK with that for now.  Yes, I have a good 70 pounds to lose, but I will.

I hate it for the modesty issues.  How do I state this?  If I have to shave, wax, or pluck in order to wear the suit, it's not for me.  I am fine with shaving my legs.  No problem there.  The rest?  Ah, no.

I don't want to flash my butt, either.  I try to at least pick something that covers at least as much as my underwear.  That, however, is hard to find!

Yes, I have breasts.  However, if you can see the bite scar from an assault at age 12, it's too frisky.  I have found the halter-style to work the best for me.  It covers the scar nicely.  I could probably really rock the chest, if I wanted, but I'm only interested in my husband.

Now, factor in a "Plus Size".  [shudder]  Good luck, Heather, you're going to need it!

I'll pray on it, and hunt around at the thrift stores.  Wash it really well and it ought to be fine.

It's a good opportunity to see how God will provide.  He knows I'm on a tight budget!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

I found a bathing suit last year that had a cute skirt for a bottom instead of the standard "bikini cut" bottom that can often leave too much to the imagination (or too little!). It was at Wal-Mart. I bought the top and bottom separate, as I was/am different sizes on the top and bottom (not sure where I'm at now, since weight loss.) You can always buy a cheap scarf to make into a nice sarong (just tie it at the side) in a neutral color or one that matches the suit to make a skirt for the bathing suit so that the bottom is more modest.
You can also often get a gauzy cover up for the top at Wal-Mart, too..just one you throw on and tie up and can wear in the water.

If you need fashion help on a budget.. I'm your woman! LOL. I love clothes and fashion and have been everything from a size 2-18 in my time so can help you out, no prob. I also like to dress modestly but fashionably and have managed so far.

Jillian said...

PS. Wal-Mart has a great plus size selection at modest prices. I recommend the suits with "Bust support" as they tend to be more modest and to have more support up top for curvy women, so they are less skimpy, too!

If all else fails, you can always throw a t-shirt and shorts over the suit!