Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Back to post tomorrow

Every now and then, I've had a time I call a "Threshold Day".  A day when I felt I was on the brink of a new era.  I haven't had one in ages.  I wonder how much medication has to do with that!

Anyway, I had a thought: what if the rapture happened tonight?  What would I want you to know?

I will, for a moment, engage in a minor paranoid fantasy and assume some internet bot has scrubbed all "rapture" references and deleted entire websites.  I doubt my blog will live long.

Anyway, consider this a final letter.  Odds are I'll be back to post tomorrow, but what if I'm not?  Here's what I'd say.

Dear Reader:
We're gone, but it's not too late for you.

In the days to come, you will find many different interpretations on what has happened, and what will happen.  I encourage you to research "pre tribulation rapture" information.  Those links will cover any question you could have.

I considered typing it all up myself, but that's not how I'd leave you.

I'd tell you I prayed for you every day, sometimes crying as I thought of your separation from God.

I'd tell you I endured a lot of pain in my life; but I consider it all worthwhile if it made you think, for a moment about God.

I'd tell you God sustained me through horrible dark times, decades of suicidal depression and horrible mental illness.  I'd tell you the God who held me wants to hold you.  He died for you, He loves you that much.

I'd tell you, on our own, we are NEVER good enough to go to Heaven.  God is perfect, He cannot have imperfect beings in Heaven.  However, faith in Jesus will make us perfect.

I'd tell you the best moments of my life were the ones when I handed someone a Bible.  That those moments made everything else tolerable.

I'd beg you to find a Bible of your own, and ask God to guide you as you begin to read it.  James 1:5 says "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him."  - NKJV

I'd encourage you to sit down with a Bible, when you get it, and take a moment to ask God to show you His truth, His love, and His mercy for you even now.

See, it's not too late.  You still have time to get right with God.

I want to see you one day.

Love,
Heather

No comments: