Saturday, August 11, 2012

A good note!

So, how was my day?

I woke up exhausted.  It's the lithium.  It was interesting for me; the other day when I'd been "off" my lithium for about 35 hours.  I felt very tired and wrung-out, but not "fuzzy" and exhausted.

That came along once I got the lithium onboard again.  What will I do with my new mind, after I'm raptured?

I've been reading a good book, a post-apocyalyptic survival series (Genesis Project).  In the series, the people battle each other, and starvation.  I keep thinking how badly I'd do off my medication.  I hope I would get killed by looters, rather than walk around insane for the rest of my however-long life.  [shudder]

Just 12 hours late on my medication, and I was having some bad thoughts.  Ron said he didn't know.  In fact, he was asking why I didn't take my pills every other day.  I told him that would go badly.  He shut up.

I got up late, and had a choice, wash my hair or do my God Time.  My hair looked OK, so I did my God Time.

For a monent, I will actually talk about my hair.  It's about time to start cutting it.  At this length, it has a very nice curl, which pulls straight at longer lengths.  It's also getting more tangled and harder to brush. I just use a Suave "smoothing" shampoo - I ran the fragrance by Ron before buying it.  He has to smell me, so I want to be "pretty".   I don't want to have to hassle with the 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner + deep conditioner I have to use when my hair is longer, too.  Too much work!  I want a simple hairstyle.

I will let my sister play "beauty parlor" if she wants, before her daughter's wedding.  Maybe a french braid.

Anyway, went to the warehouse.  We got drinks today.  The drinks are popular.  I also got some pickle-in-a-pouch, and with my own money, a case of meat sticks.  They are a really good snack, plenty of fat and protein, and only one carb each.  Good stuff!  "Trail's Best".

We picked up another client and took him to the warehouse.  He was extremely rude to EVERYONE in the building.  The greeter was waving to us and teasing Ron, and the guy was barking at her.  Later on, I heard him trying to get the deli worker fired because they weren't open yet.  He didn't say that, of course: he was busy shouting that if he wanted food she had to cook it, and she said she was sorry, but they were closed.  Then he called in, saying she was rude.

I wanted to make another call to defend her, but Ron said they know the type and would give his complaint the "proper" treatment.  Ah.  Overall, it was a really good reminder why I take my medication, and why I need to stay positive.

Fortunately, we had separate rides.  Our guy showed up and took us to work.  Since we had the wheelchair, I balanced the drinks in the wheelchair and pushed it into the building, as Ron followed.

It was an aggravating day, we had a "down" food machine, and the coffee machine is acting up again.  Snacks look OK (I need more candy and some pastries), food was fine once we got it going, and Ron and I did sodas.

Then, time to go.  We had a very short wait, and then we went to the other location.  It wasn't a straight trip, I don't expect that,  and the other client kept sneezing on me.  I kept thinking "I already caught that".  Apparently "my" cold is making the rounds in Houston.  I heard a lot of people coughing about a week before I got sick.

One sick person riding Metrolift can infect the whole ridership in short order.  I'm sure that's how I got sick.

At any rate, we got to the Christian bookstore.  They're having a sale, it was a little tricky weaving the loaded wheelchair, while guiding Ron, but I did it without breaking anything.  I put Ron to work stocking and ran a couple errands.  Ron wanted something from the dollar store, so I got that.  Then I got some value sandwiches from a fast-food place (one for the driver).  We ate ours, gave the other to the driver.

We were his last trip.  I guess Metro wanted him to end on a good note!

No comments: