Monday, August 20, 2012

No photo; no filter

No comments this weekend.  Maybe I need to make another political post!  [laugh]

So, would you like to see a photo of my house?

We got the tree limb issue fixed.

Sorry, when I uploaded the photo it had my address.  Both photos, actually.  I have to be careful.

I was worried about the bee issue today - but every time I've gone out and looked I didn't see any.  I also saw this:
Organic bee remover

Ron and I are going to go get some giant incense tomorrow.  That's the great thing about living in the big city - I have choices.  Once they're gone, I can caulk it.

This morning, I had a good day at work, very productive.  Someone asked me how much we work, and I told him it depends on sales.  Better sales - more work.  I also explained I don't drive, we use public transit, we have a very small mortgage, so we can afford to live on what most people couldn't.  He understood.

After work, we came home.  I had taken some OTC headache stuff at work, and felt pretty goofy.  I still do.  It raises the lithium level.

I sat down for a while.  Later on, we went to the dollar store.  I told Ron it was a lot better to take paratransit, than ride the bus with the weird guys at that corner.

I got Ron a lot of salty snack foods, got more garbage bags - they work surprisingly well.  Two kids decided to get into a spray cologne fight in the store, while I was in the aisle, and stank up the place.  It was horrible.  I was glad I had taken the headache pill - I would have needed it.

A lot of my older drivers tell me the whole neighborhood used to spank children.  If they caught a kid going into a yard without permission.  They'd spank him.  Then the homeowner would spank him.  When the parents got home and heard, they'd spank him - and he wouldn't do it again.

"You had to be good" one told me "Someone was always watching!"   I look at some of the kids these days and think that might be the problem.  Back then, even if a parent spoiled a child, the neighbors would keep him in line.  I could have used that in my own life.

Yesterday after church, a toddler was acting up.  They were taking him out to the car and Ron said "Someone needs a spanking".  That is the wonderful/horrible thing about head injuries.  Ron doesn't have a filter for his thoughts to speech - if he thinks it, it will probably come out.  I like it, mostly, because he is refreshingly honest.  I need that after the life I've had.

However, it can be embarrassing.  Thankfully no one said anything to me.

We have tomorrow off.  Wednesday I will be getting some snack foods and putting them into the machine.  Ron is notoriously stingy about buying snacks.

Tomorrow, we will go to the multi-ethnic grocery store and buy some large incense sticks.  Once I do, I plan to wait a day or two, for the trip to Home Depot.  I need caulk, siding, etc.  Once I have the caulk, I can smoke them.  When I'm SURE they're all gone, I will caulk.  That should do it.  I don't see any other ways they could be getting into the house.

Thanks, God.  I was wondering how to deal with this.


No comments: