Monday, August 6, 2012

As soon as I'm over this

Last night I was up late, reading "The Handbook of Spiritual Warfare".  [laugh]  Yeah, that's my idea of good bedtime reading.

I'll be honest, most evangelism books infuriate me.  They can take one of the world's most exciting subjects, and turn it into a boring scholarly treatise.  Or they talk about a pet method: everyone must be reached using this method.

Ugh.  In Revelation, it says we will over come the devil by the blood of Jesus, and our testimony.  That should be a big hint:  we should be sharing our story with everyone who will listen.

I don't have a set method, I do whatever I'm told.  Sometimes that's a Scripture booklet in a bag of candy (see my Driver Candy video for details).  Sometimes it's a Bible Handout on the corner.  Sometimes it is sharing my story.

Sometimes it's sharing my faith in hard times, here, which I know for certain impacted at least one person ((((hugs))).  You know who you are.

I read a couple of interesting things: satanists will fast and pray to the devil, for bad things to happen to Christians.  Yike.  Bad Things are powerful, but God is more powerful.  The devil does not want us to witness.

Knowing all that will make me more diligent about sharing my faith, and my God Time.

God knows I will do whatever it takes.

So, thoughts for the day:  It's always a white guy on the shooting rampage.  Why?  [I'm praying for the victims, and I hope you will too.]

Got up early, got to work an hour early.  Ron and I chatted with the other vendor; I can't do much until I get more inventory.   I did get the sandwich delivery, and had the very depressing thought:  I used to write checks for over $100, for every sandwich order, every week.  This week's order was $22 and change.  Sad.

Someone referred to a "failed business".  Ha.  That would be ours.  It is barely breathing.  My trust is in Jesus, I know He's got our backs, and I know He is mighty to save us.

It's kind of like that wall in my bathroom.  When they did the demo they couldn't believe the wall was still standing.  It had no visible means of support.  I knew God had been holding it up until He brought the right person to fix it.

In a lot of ways, I think my life is a lot simpler than an unsaved/unreached person's.  Anyway, after work we made our deposit.

After the bank we came home.  UPS delivered two cases of Bibles!  Yay!  I'm very excited.  As soon as I'm over this cold, I'm handing them out.

I don't want to get anyone sick.  That would be awful.

I'm really excited about the Spanish.  They have wonderful helps in the back.  I can't read much Spanish, but "salvando" and "Jesus" are pretty clear.

I finished painting the trim today, and Ron made a trip to Walmart.  We need to get some wasp spray - one of our helpers is allergic.

I'd like to get some sports drinks, but other than that I'm ready when they are.  Either tomorrow or Wednesday, I'll finish up the back yard.  Probably Wednesday because I'm out of trash can.

Ron surprised me with dinner - they have a early dine special that is very good, and very reasonable.  "I didn't want to make you eat another hamburger" he said.  "You'd be happy with it, but sometimes I want to spoil you."  I thought that was very endearing.

I handed out lots of Driver Candy today, which made me really happy.  Not to mention, I have my awesome Bibles!

Like I told Dad, "I aim for a quick turnover" on the Bibles.


No comments: