Thursday, August 23, 2012

I will

I finally drew a line in the sand.

Yesterday, I got up early, went to the warehouse, got the supplies, got them to work.  Heavy cases of soda.  I don't mind physical labor.

Went to work and stocked.  I almost ran into that mean woman but I hid.  Got all the work, worked.

AFTER work, the Home Depot, and plenty of home repair supplies.  I had squirreled a little money away for home repairs before I got the pay cut.  I used that.

Hard work getting the boards in the truck, and then into the backyard.  But, it had to happen if I want my siding repaired, which I do.

At some point the hardie plank has to be painted, so we can just go into the neighbors yard and put it up directly, without bothering them again.  Zero property lines are a hassle.

Basically, for me, one wall of the house is the property line.  Fortunately, they are overall very quiet and respectful of the property.  They probably pray I will paint it one day - it's a rather loud orange.  Can't afford that, and I can't get up on a ladder, either.

On the other hand, I don't want to go into their yard anymore than I want them in mine.  So, the polite thing to do is have the board pre-painted so I don't have to bother them again.

After all that, we had about an hour - too short for a nap.  Our ride came and took us to the BBQ shack.  It was very good.  I murdered a double cheeseburger.  Ron loved the ribs.

We had a pretty good ride home and arrived about 6.  I was on the computer, trying to stay awake, when I thought "Why am I trying to stay awake?"  So, I told Ron I was going to bed.

I slept 12 hours straight, only interrupted by a trip to the bathroom, refilling my water bottle (I frequently wake up thirsty), and Bubba.

Yup.  Bubba's home.  My big, sweet kitty came in the cat door, meowing his head off, louder and louder until I woke up and called him.  He came running and got in my bed, and we had a nice sleep for a few hours.  When I got up, he was looking at the window, which was closed.  I opened the blinds for him and came into the computer room.  He followed me.  Awww!  What a sweet boy.  He loves to be nearby.

He's actually completely stretched, right behind my chair, right now.  Adorable.

Ron had forgotten to call in my trip to Walmart (I still need shoes for the wedding), and I decided, it was a sign from God.  I need to stay home and rest.

No painting.  No cleaning.  No laundry (other than putting wet clothes in dryer).  No yard work.  I'm going to rest.  Something I need quite desperately, if last night's mega-sleep is any indication.

So, I will.

No comments: