Friday, August 10, 2012

Pets and the Rapture.

A couple topics are always guaranteed to get posts flying on the message boards.

"What's the right Bible Version"?

"Will children of unbelievers be raptured?"

"Will my pet get left behind?"

My thoughts:  The best version is the one you read, consistently.  I absolutely think all children will be raptured.  I believe my cat will get raptured.

I've had a persistent thought, lately.  If God will take my cat, why wouldn't He take all the pets?  It's not like it would be any harder for Him.  He's God.

If He's taking the children because He doesn't want them to suffer; He's taking my pet because He doesn't want Bubba to suffer, why wouldn't he take "Cuddles the pit bull" down the street?  He created all animals.  He wouldn't want any of them to suffer, and it might just get the unreached to sit up and take notice.

Starvation, disease, and natural disaster will be rampant, not to mention freaky things out of a science fiction movie, running around and stinging unbelievers Revelation Chapter 9.  The Bible doesn't say either way, but I'm starting to think He'll just take all the pets.

Whenever I picture Jesus, He's always got a lapful of cats.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Animals are not going to go to heaven. Heather you are like most people you pick and choose what works for you and ignore everything else. Show me the Bible verses which talk about there being animals in heaven and getting raptured. I guess if this incorrect thought brings you comfort it does not really matter but this is not scriptural. Animals do not have souls. Thus they cannot go to heaven.

Anonymous said...

I thought the requirement to get saved and go to heaven was to accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior. If that is the case why would pets be raptured? Would only the pets of saved people be raptured? What about cows, pigs, ducks, etc? Seriously why would an animal be saved from the tribulation period? This really is a bit of a stretch on your part Heather. Maybe, just maybe there are animals in heaven but I really doubt they would be raptured along with people.

Happy agnostic with a little BP said...

It there is a heaven there is no way my dogs arei not coming with me

Why are so many Christians so flipping vindictive and judgemental about worst of all, pets going to heaven?!
After all you guys believe in the supernatural anyway? Why are our loving, devoted when even other human beings give up one you, companions, excluded in the plan?"

Lolol! Heather an agnositic is agreeingand defending you I hope that is not a problem?

Jillian said...

Anonymous..

The way I look at it is (I'm a Roman Catholic) as such..

In one of my very favourite books, "Karen" by Marie Killilea (the biography of Karen Killilea, a girl with cerebral palsy who beat the odds and lived an independent life, especially given the era she was born in (1940)), Karen has a beloved dog named Shanty.

Karen asks her father one day if she will have Shanty when she is in Heaven.

Her father pauses for a moment, then says, "If you want Shanty in Heaven, you shall have him."

In my view, that's exactly it. I don't think that animals hae souls the way that humans do, but they definately are, like everything in nature, creatures of God. We are to be stewards of creation and when a pet is entrusted to our care, we are supposed to care for them well.

Who's to say that when we go to Heaven, if we want our pet, that God would not grant this to us?

God saved animals during the Great Flood (to further the species, I realize..) so maybe He will have His reasons at the end of time. I don't think it is for us to know.

Heather Knits said...

I love you, Happy. ((((Hugs)))