Saturday, August 25, 2012

Help me pack

I'm off to see my sister in Florida, in a few weeks.  I'll actually be flying on my birthday, but I like planes and airports.  I'll have my music and my Kindle.  Money for snacks.

So, would you like to help me pack?

This is what I have so far, for clothing:
1.  Formal dress for wedding, appropriate shoes to match.
2.  Dressy gauze dress for rehearsal dinner or a nice meal out, shoes to match.
3.  Black broom stick skirt.
4.  T-shirts, several.
5.  Black capri pants
6.  My beloved gray cargo shorts (probably wear on plane)
7.  Jacket (will wear on plane)
8.  Maybe - black knit cotton shorts.
9.  Appropriate undergarments.
10.  Socks.
11.  Bathing suit

I'm a little baffled on shoes.  I will probably take my gray sneakers to wear on the plane.  That should be OK for everything but the more formal occasions, which have their own shoes (black flats for the gauze dress/broom stick skirt; dressy sandals for the wedding).  I might bring my plastic clogs - the ones I got at giant dollar - they are very comfy and airy.  Horrible for walking, but good for hanging out with a car person.  I might even wear them on the plane.

I will, unfortunately, have a lot of "junk".  I am taking a bulky family item to the wedding, for my niece.  I have something for my other niece but I can put that in my backpack.

So far, I will have a garment bag, a duffel bag (I might just put the garment bag into the duffel bag and wrap around the bulky item), and a backpack to carry on the plane.

Backpack items are easy: change of underwear, fresh socks, and t-shirt.  Kindle.  Cell phone.  MP3 Player.  I need to see the rules about batteries.  I think I can take some.  If not, some concessioner is going to get rich.  Happily, my MP3 player runs on triple A's.  Money, and snacks.

I plan to bring meat sticks, mainly.  Drinks of course - empty water bottles to fill at a fountain once I get through security.  I'll also make the airport vendor (whom I know) happy by purchasing a few bottled Diet Dr Peppers out of the vending machine.  I might bring some low-carb granola bars - the Atkins style, but nuts have been problematic for me with migraines lately.  So, I'll see what I find.  Something sugar, nut, and grain free.

It goes without saying: medication.  I plan to get 3 month refills and take them.  Why screw around?  What if I get stuck in Florida for a while?  Yike.  I am NOT going off my meds.  I'll bring my OTC headache pills, and some stuff for cramps.

Which takes me to toiletries.  Girl stuff (just in case), soap, shampoo, razor, mineral makeup (just enough for a 'basic" face).  Hairbrush, deodorant, and perfume (I use the roller-style, which will travel well).

I will also bring some form of evangelism; probably Scripture booklets.  I really don't want to miss any opportunities.  

Last but not least, my waterproof Bible for the plane, and the regular Bible packed in my luggage.

Advice wanted:
Gray sneakers or plastic clogs on plane (fake crocs, navy blue, slip on style)?
Should I bring my vitamins?  I'm only gone for 5 days.

No comments: