Saturday, August 18, 2012

Noise machine

Today was a little weird.

It started off with a nice sleep-in.  For me, that meant until 7:30!   In the morning, of course.

After that, I got up and did what cleaning I could, while Ron was home.  I did my God Time and took my shower.


 My aunt and uncle were coming over.  Years ago, during a horrible blackout, Ron blamed his drinking on my housekeeping.  Ever since, it's kind of been a hot button with them.  

I do what I can...but it's not what they'd like to see.  

So, I had to choose what I did, and what I didn't.  They seemed to like everything but the sink - the one thing I hadn't gotten!  They at least felt OK getting some canned drinks out of the fridge.  

When the guys came over to do the bathroom, it was AWFUL.  One reason I always bring pre made foods to the church potlucks.  


After Ron left for the liquor store, I did the cleaning.  I needed to clean the bathroom, but his allergies have been hair-trigger.  I used some carpet cleaning spray the other day.  Ron had a really bad allergy attack and needed antihistamines, I got hives.  Not fun.

So, once he was out of the house entirely, I used the scouring powder, spray, etc.  Then I put the compressor on "fan" for about 10 minutes to purge the house.  He said things were fine when he got home.  Good.

Ron hates it when I make his bed, because I have to move all his junk.  I made his bed and even made sure it matched, a nice dark gray sheet and a gray euro square cover.  Ron likes a euro-square for his bed pillow.  Now that I have two sets of sheets for his bed - have I mentioned he hates it when I buy him bedding?   Now that I have two sets I can change it quickly.  I also learned a really cool trick in the hospital - how to make a bed with someone in it.  I can apply that to "How to make a bed with an old VCR, headphones, adapter plugs and cords, headphones, a couple talking book cartridges, and "Heather please don't move anything 'cause I'll never find it again".  It works really well.

So, my aunt and uncle arrived.  We worked on the tree for a while, about an hour I think.  I showed them the letter - EVERYONE thinks the homeowner's association wrote it.  I keep saying INSURANCE.  However, it came on insurance company letterhead with our policy number and all.

We got the "overhanging branches" and "tree limbs on roof".  Of course, now we have a giant mountain of tree clippings.  I wish I had a chipper.  Failing that, I thought, "Let's hire a junk hauler".  I don't have a lot of energy to spend and it would be worth the $40 or so.  Even at my reduced salary.

No one else seemed to agree!  Ron says he will deal with it.  OK, I think, because we only get heavy trash pickup once a month and I'll be out of town next month (family wedding).

All that done, we went out to lunch.  It was good.  We came home and I took a nap.  I was pretty beat.

The next door neighbor came by and invited us to his daughter's birthday party.  I thought that was a little odd.  I've never heard of adults being invited to a kid's party.   We declined, politely, and gave them a six pack of coke for the party.  Overall, they are very quiet.  They did get rid of the dog - on their own.  They stay out of my yard.  Lots to like when I look at it that way, but Ron's pretty upset about the music, even though he slept through it for over an hour.

I'll just put my noise machine, on, tonight.

No comments: