Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Get Strapped

I had a fun day out.  Albeit, a hot and sweaty day out.

I left the house, carrying my backpack and some spending cash.  I went to a gas station and got some drinks.  Spent a while waiting on my second bus (a theme for today - waiting on the bus).

Finally got the bus, and went to the thrift store.  I recalled they had swimsuits.  They did.  Baby and toddler size.  AGH.

I found a cute stuffed toy for a friend (she loves orange tabbies), so I just got him.  I headed to the mall.

Now, "The Mall" is a very nice mall.  Affluent.  I kept feeling like I should go to Sears, which I did.  I found a cute, modest, bathing suit with a skirt and some padding on the chest (so I don't "salute").  I liked it.

If I had to wear a 20W bathing suit, it made me look pretty cute and a little bit slimmer even.  Bad news, it cost $50.  Yes, I "probably" could have found a cheaper bathing suit elsewhere.... but I don't have transportation.  I'll leave the tags on it for a few more days in the unlikely event I do find something better.

It is easier for me to go downtown, than it is to go to Walmart, on the bus, and from what I recalled they only had skimpy 2 piece separates anyway.  I went with the bird in the hand and got it.  I looked around for a jacket, specifically, I want a purple hoodie.

I found them, with logos.  No.  I am not a billboard.  So, I'll go to Academy tomorrow.  I know they have cute, cheap, plain, hoodies.  It'll be a fun trip.

I left the mall and went to the Kolache factory.  I got a sausage and egg, and a couple diet cokes.  I drank and ate, relaxed.  I went out and caught my bus, after waiting for 20 minutes.

I got that one, went to my transfer point.  Waited.  Waited some more.  I was sitting on a concrete bench in the sun.  HOWEVER, I did have a seat.  I'm always looking for the positive.

I talked to God for a while, asked Him to keep me useful.  Drank my drinks.  Listened to my music.  Laughed at the irony of all the cars driving by, and my impending Bible Handout.

I noticed we had a few gusts of wind from the north, Isaac is making a little stir in Houston - not much though.  It was oppressively humid, hot (upper 90's) and sunny.

My bus broke down, the other bus finally came, and I came home.  Ron acted normally.  I told him I'd be leaving in about an hour to do the handout.

He said he would take me next week.  I thanked him, but said I was going today.  I told him I had 2 other handouts in the works, with people who have cars, so I wouldn't "need" transportation.

I just need to hydrate, put on some more perfume oil (I smell like wet cotton), get my vest, sort through what's coming along for the handout (not much), and get strapped.  No, not a gun - strapping the case of Bibles onto the handcart.  :-)

I plan to eat some fast food after the handout.  I have plenty of time before it gets dark.  I'll take my pills then.  I'm already at risk for heatstroke, being fat.  And taking my meds.  I'm not putting more meds on top of that although I'm sure God would make it work.

It is getting cloudy, which will make things easier for me.  Yay.

Let's pray I have good rides and minimal hassles during the handout.

No comments: