Wednesday, January 17, 2024

I don't think she's right...

 Mentally.  If I didn't know better I would swear my boss is bipolar.  At one point she was acting manic - she was definitely acting manic today.  All week, actually.  

First I did not sleep well but it was my fault.  I ate cereal for dinner, it had a lot of fiber so I had cramping and bloating because I'm not used to that.  

Ace got me and I had an uneventful ride to work.  As I walked in my boss was talking to another employee.  She does this - a lot of oversharing, in public, with associates (below her on the food chain) or equals.  Today it was an equal.  She was ranting about "church ladies" which I think she meant hypocrites who go to church.  Kept going on about how one backstabbed her mother when (boss) was a kid.  It was very awkward just passing her.  

[thinking later it is possible she follows me on Facebook - I would if I were an employer - saw something about my faith and it pushed her button]

After I clocked in she went off on me.  Before I left she "wanted to see what I did" and I showed her.  She said that wasn't good enough and why hadn't I done X?  I told her I didn't have the equipment.  For some jobs the employee needs a handheld computer called a TC-70. The job she had for me would have also required a printer.  We didn't have any TC's, I reminded her.  We didn't have any printers.  She argued with me and said there was one.  I said yes, but it didn't have a battery.  "There's a battery on the charger" "It is dead" she made a sour face at that but even she had to admit I can't do a job without equipment.  She stormed off.  

The other girl was supposed to work today and then have a 2 week vacation, which is why I was getting all the extra hours next week (Ace is licking his lips over all those rides home).  She called in, getting a "bonus" day for herself.  So now the night shift is screwed.  

I guess I could have stayed an extra couple hours and called a cab home but not after being treated like that.  I am a human being and my faith only covers so much.  

I did not - unlike some employees, go off on her when she was getting in my space and poking me with her finger this morning.  I notice she didn't do that around the other employees.  I believe it was Ace said "She's a bully" and he's right.  

I am not afraid of her.  And I will look into McDonald's there are 2 within minutes of my house so that would be an EASY commute.  Also one of them just had a big ad on their electronic sign about how Claudia just made 20 years at the store - so they must treat people right.  It will be less pay but I wouldn't have to pay for rides home.  

I do need to seek God's will.  


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it!

Anonymous said...

McDonalds is easy. You almost don't even need to think. There are usually 2 managers around so it helps keep the peace. If you show up and do your job, they won't go after you.

Anonymous said...

God will guide you in the right direction. Are McDonald's starts out paying much more than our Walmart foreclosures. But I realize they are all different. I have a friend who worked at McDonald's between jobs and she loved it. And we also have a lady who has worked at our McDonald's for I don't know how many years and she is full-time and has benefits and is assistant manager. Not saying you want to be in management but you there's always room to work up. Or it could just be a bridge job to something better

Heather Knits said...

I don't really care what I do as long as it doesn't break the 10 commandments.

Today is a long day 11-8 at Walmart. But all new drivers today so I did up a lot of candy.

Too bad the Christian bookstores around here closed that would have been a perfect job.

Anonymous said...

My mcD is a franchise, I'm not sure what it's like to work for a corporate store.

Anonymous said...

"Too bad the Christian bookstores around here closed that would have been a perfect job." Probably not the perfect job for you because you are too out there with your candy hand outs and most people aren't.

Anonymous said...

It's not the messenger, it's the message that offends

Heather Knits said...

Which makes me wonder is this going to happen again? I can't exactly hide my faith. Today I told an employee I would pray for her sick baby and she was grateful.

Anonymous said...

In the last days, people will be offended. Check

Anonymous said...

Saying that isn't a problem, being evangelical is. Especially now, with backing of Trump, take over of the government, schools, book bannings, and no exceptions for abortions. The majority of the population, even Christians, view those as wrong and taking away individual rights and choices.

I think you better be very careful it's getting dangerous out there. Why is your Facebook public? You should make it private not only for your sake but for others who comment. Don't you realize when your page is found people will click on the names of people who post there to find out about them too?

Anonymous said...

You should never assume you have privacy on Facebook.

Heather Knits said...

Agreed. I know for a fact management monitors my Facebook. I left up the photos of me handing out Bibles, though.

Anonymous said...

When God says thou shall not murder, did he include exceptions? Don't be fooled.

Anonymous said...

Funny how those who kicked God out of schools and govt are afraid Trump is going to take away their rights.

Anonymous said...

so you think forcing a mother to carry a dead baby to term and then delivering that dead baby is fine? How is that pro-life? I'm sorry I don't understand that reasoning, could you explain?

Anonymous said...

When was God in schools?

Heather Knits said...

OK about the dead baby comment, a lot of times the baby is not dead, someone has just read an ultrasound and said the baby won't live after it is born. I read a very long article about a couple who just had this. It was supposed to make you feel like the mother should have been able to abort them it would have been "kinder" for everyone but I didn't read it that way. If anything it was a good argument for birth control, if you already have several kids, don't work, your husband butchers chickens for a living maybe it is time to get on birth control. In that case the babies (conjoined twins) lived several hours after they were delivered and the parents and family got to say goodbye.

God was in schools for decades, the Bible was taught, prayers made, etc. Even little church clubs on campus for those who wanted to do evangelism or support missions.

Abortion is an incredibly brutal act and I do not feel it is justified. I have read accounts of raped women giving birth, keeping the baby or giving it up for adoption, in both cases they felt good about what they had done "beauty for ashes". They realized a helpless, innocent, baby did not deserve to be brutally murdered for the sins of the father. I have also read stories of couples told they were "definitely" having a Down's baby or whatever, have an abortion, and the baby was normal. Now they have to live with that. And other times the couple is told the baby is normal and surprise it has Down's, they fall in love with it and become champions.

Also there are many married couples who go out of their way to adopt disabled children. Had things been different I would have adopted at least a couple blind kids.

I am pretty sure someone I know had an abortion. I would never condemn anyone who had an abortion but if you ask me "Is it murder?" I'm going to say yes.

Anonymous said...

The most unselfish thing a woman can do is give an unwanted child a chance to live. Giving up 9 months for someone isn't a huge sacrifice.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what schools you're referring to. Sure many many years ago it may have been true, especially in rural communities where life revolved around church. Some even now, of course, are evangelical. Which is a small percentage of Christians.

Heather Knits said...

Look how much time I gave Ron and he was not innocent!

I went to high school in Silicon Valley in the 80's-90's era. Even then the school had some sort of Christian club. I was too manic and boy crazy to focus on that but it was there.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Christian clubs are fine there are all kinds of clubs. You know what I'm talking about.

Heather Knits said...

One regret I have I ran into some teenagers doing a Bible Handout at a very busy intersection. One was Latino I think and one was Black. They came running up, wanted a Bible each. Watched me work for a minute and proclaimed what I was doing "Really cool" and asked the usual "Why?" so I gave them the short version. They said it was "really cool" again and begged to help.

I had a vision of one of them getting hit by a car, getting sued by the parents, losing the house, so I said no and explained. They drooped like a cut flower and left.

There's very little for teens passionate about Jesus to be evangelical. I am sorry I had to tell the boys no.