Saturday, January 27, 2024

Saturday morning

 We are getting a lot of people at the store, from various countries, who don't speak a word of English but are sporting a massive attitude.  One tried to get me in trouble last night for doing my job, but when they rolled the video and talked to the man in detail they realized I was doing what they pay me to do and no more.  So I was fine and they chased him off.  He wanted "compensation".  

Another guy asked my friend to open the fitting room because his migrant grandson had just gotten over the border and didn't have any clothes, came in the store at 7:30 PM.  She let him, I would not.  The boy was taller than me, not naked, what he was wearing when he came in looked fine and he could have worn it to the store tomorrow to try on clothes.  Not worth my job but it wasn't my call.  

So that is challenging.  I guess I feel like if you're coming here for a fresh start in life - and I am totally down with that, there can be horrible obstacles, famine, persecution, etc., you need to leave the attitude at home as 98% of Americans WANT to help you have a good start.  Especially with tired, underpaid, retail workers.  We are just trying to get by, too.  

And I am happy with how I worded that.  I don't believe in an us vs them mentality.  We all come from God, we all want the same things, we all go in the same grave or urn when we die.  

I don't want to be buried, by the way, it gives me the creeps.  I have told ALL my family that.  If it was up to my sister she probably wouldn't, my brother would probably put my urn on his headboard next to several of his closest friends.  I'm not sure what my parents and aunt would do aside from get me in the urn, what they'd do after is anyone's guess.  

I was a little frustrated yesterday at work.  This pay period has been very tight for me I had additional transportation expenses; many, many bills; etc.  I am actually putting all my work snacks on the credit card.  So yesterday one of my coworkers comes up to me asking for money for someone's goodbye party.  We don't get paid until next week; if they wanted money for this they should have asked a week or so ago when everyone was flush.  I checked the only cash I had and I don't have enough to pay for my rides to work until I get paid again.  So I said no.  She got really nasty but I live alone and work at Walmart.  I'm not going to have it.  

I'm sorry if she thinks I am "mean" I don't have it.  She has a boyfriend to help pay the bills I do not.  

By the way I am fine with that.  But it was SO funny to see Beau.  He came right up wanted to hug me, etc.  He never wanted to touch me before.  

It's not the same but it reminds me of something that happened in 1992.  

From about 1987 to 1991 I knew a boy in my church youth group.  Even as a teenager he had bad knees, thinning hair, and a pot belly.  But he was very sweet.  He was one of those genius intelligence guys who wasn't ugly with it.  He would just mention in passing he was really happy he did well on his AP chemistry exam, that sort of thing.  I fell hard for him.  He had a good faith too.  But he was going places and I was not.  

I gave him a note in about 1990 letting him know I was interested.  He showed it to his Mom which I found very embarrassing.  He didn't respond but continued to be nice to be so I figured he didn't like me "like that".  

Our church was fracturing and my parents were on the verge of leaving when Valentine's day hit in 1991, he gave me something right before I left youth group that night.  It was a Valentine's card basically saying "I'm interested in you" with 2 conversation hearts taped into it, one said "Be Mine" and the other said "UR Sweet".  I was over the moon but then my parents stopped attending the church, I didn't have his number, I didn't drive and he was no where near the bus line.  

Also I felt like he was going places, going to do things, here I was this crazy damaged kid who would just drag him down.  So I did't pursue it.  

My parents went to the other church for about a year.  I met Ron in this period.  

This was about the time the Special Ed program I was in wouldn't "let" me graduate because they wanted to get a new computer.  My new church had "senior Sunday" one week and my parents realized that would be salt in the wound if they forced me to attend, so they had my older stepbrother take me back to the old church for one week.  

My brother got there early and went off in search of donuts so I sat on one of the couches, thinking, Chris came in and ran over to me on the couch, sat down very close next to me asking me a million questions.  He held my hand during the prayer time, and after it was over asked me if he could take me out for breakfast.  

But I had already met Ron so I said no.  Ron always felt threatened by the first guy I dated but he should have been a lot more worried about Chris, if things had been right I would have left Ron for Chris.  

I felt a little like that with Beau yesterday.  The last 2 times Beau saw me he asked if I had candy.  I will call the bus driver Mike.  Mike is happy to get candy but doesn't ask if I don't have it.  When I saw Beau yesterday I kept making comparisons and Beau didn't look too good.  I thought that was funny.  

I will be friendly with Beau but that is it.  

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you heard about all the states sending troops to the border? Are you seeing anything? Think there's a civil war brewing.

Heather Knits said...

Someone (probably the same narc who sicced APS on me) reported me for TOS because I mentioned a coworker might be in an abusive relationship and put up a wall on that post.

So I have to be very careful discussing racial issues. I will say, in the past, those not in the country legally were sweet, kind, hardworking, apologetic. Of late they are brash, demanding, extremely entitled. They say other races are entitled you have seen nothing like some of these newcomers. Like the guy who tried to get me in trouble for doing my job and demanded an apology (which management did not make me give) for telling him the rules.

So, if they're coming with that attitude - and another example is one guy had a top of the line brand new stroller with a baby and his WIC papers. He was angry because they would only let him get three, 12 ounce, cans of dry formula which we did not have in stock. He wanted to substitute 3, much larger, cans of formula and still get it for free. My boss had to tell him everyone sells formula if you want that brand on the WIC you need to go somewhere else. But he truly expected we would just hand over $100 in formula because he wanted it.

The "imports" as I will call them have been told they are owed, even though the land we supposedly "stole" was vacant and unutilized back in the 1800's. American culture built Texas up into the thriving metropolis it is. They want what we have even though they have never bothered to fix up "back home".

Beau is guilty of this; rather than focus on fixing up his home country his goal is just to move here (legally) and live here the rest of his life, send money home to Mom or his wife (!) now and then if he has one.

So you have the entitled imports coming in demanding this and that. They are conflicting with certain ignorant populations who probably rightly see the imports as stealing their entitlements. So you're going to have race wars between them.

At least in Houston it is very uncommon to see a Black-Latino pairing. You will see mixed-race Latinos who appear black, from other countries, but they always see themselves as Latino and those workers always hang out with the other Latinos on their break and lunch vs. the Blacks, and very few Blacks want to associate with the Latinos outside of a work relationship.

So that is coming for sure. The whites are caught in the middle on this. We can't please everyone on this and they're going to blame us.

I appear white so I don't think I will have issues. I have never had a DNA study done but I believe I have both Native American and Spanish blood as well as the white.