Saturday, January 6, 2024

I could have slept better

 I was a little freaked out last night when I found out my boss is interviewing but she has done this many times before; and they have added more hours on my schedule.  

I slept OK for a while last night but woke up at 3, went back to sleep, woke up again at 7 after a terrible, sad, dream about Baby Girl.  

Some background on that.  Back in 1994 Ron moved a woman into our apartment.  She had a kitten and left her when she moved out.  Gypsy was a dilute polydactyl calico.  One day I was petting her and I realized some of her claws (the "bonus" ones) had grown into the pads of her feet so I took her to the vet.  

We discussed it and agreed it would be best to selectively remove those claws (4 of them total, one on each foot) even though we both hated declawing.  When I got her home that day she was running and jumping everywhere so I always felt like I made the right call.  She never had another problem and could shed her other claws normally.  It was therapeutic.  

Baby Girl (the last one I had a Baby Girl back in 2003 who was also a dilute calico) featured in this dream.  I was petting her and I realized all her claws had grown into the pads of her feet, I was distraught and then I woke up.  

Baby Girl did not have an easy life, Ron was an alcoholic of course and had the head injury and then the Alzheimer's.  One day I caught Ron eating cat treats while Baby Girl meowed in outrage.  I took the treats away from him, gave them to her, put them up, got Ron a "real" snack but that is one example.  If you believe in "energy" there was a lot of it, all bad, in the house.  After Ron died I had to work full time so she never saw me and Torbie wouldn't let her near me anyway.  I feel bad for Baby Girl; she didn't have a fair or an easy life.  I met her needs but she deserved more.  

So that wasn't a good way to wake up.  

And a little part of me keeps wondering is the boss interviewing for my job? so that doesn't make for an easy day off either.  

I am shipping Mom something cute from the store once she tells me what size she wants.  That's it for now!  

No comments: