Tuesday, January 16, 2024

It feels like four degrees outside, right now.

 I was fine last night.  Houston, at least my part, did not have any outages.  My water is still turned off, and, importantly, I have all the cabinets and access panels open so warm air can circulate around the pipes.  

The cats are not happy with the weather but I'm keeping the litter box scooped a couple times a day.  Someone, Biscuit I think, is using it.  My other two idiots are probably going outside.  

My trash can is frozen shut.  So far that's the only inconvenience today.  A friend is coming to get me so I got to sleep in later which was great.  It was funny, I woke up at 4 like, "What?!" and then I remembered.  

The bus company is shut down for now but will reevaluate at 9, they say.  If it doesn't start again I will go with either my friend, Ace, or Jack.  Failing that there is another work friend.  And more than once my boss has said to other employees that she would give them a ride and she is probably dying to see where I live.  Failing that if I wave a $20 around the breakroom and say 'It's only 5 miles" I will probably get a taker so I will take a chance.  

But I think the bus will run again.  I will probably go with Ace though if I can.  I saw him last night when I was at my last bus stop, he drove down the street on the other side and I recognized his cab.  If I hadn't his cab # is painted on the side and it was him.  So he's out in this.  

I am going to have a horrific bill next month but I will worry about that later.  Happily this is only 3 days so we will be back to the 50's by the weekend.  

That's it for now!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All you have to do is knock on the side of the trash can lid with the side of your hand and it will open.

Heather Knits said...

I just left the tied-up bag of cat poop and pee clumps sitting on top of the can. Shockingly, no one stole it while I was at work. :p