Thursday, January 11, 2024

At work

 I got Spotty a little jacket we will see if he'll wear it.  I had a fried lemon pie hoping that helps.

One of my friends, an older white lady, said she had constant hassles riding the bus.  People robbing her, men exposing themselves, etc.  So maybe some of my problems are related to being a white woman.  The white men who ride the bus are scary.

I don't know.  I do know I didn't have these problems riding around with Ron.  The biggest issue I had some of the drivers got nasty if I gave them candy without chocolate.  I had a couple of blogs on that and actually stopped handing out all of it, altogether, due to the nasty entitlement and endless whining for "better" candy.  It was a gift and I didn't OWE them anything.  It is like one woman who picked us up at Denny's one day.  She got there early and Ron said he would buy her "something" back then most of the entrees were around $10.  

He gets the bill and it is $40 more than our charges.  The server explains she ordered an appetizer, a steak dinner with extra side, and a dessert.  Ron and I were furious she KNEW better she just got greedy.  The next time she dropped us off we said "Have a nice day" put Ron in his wheelchair and went in the building.  She followed us in and spoke to our server who came over and asked if we wanted to pay for her food.  We said no, "Tell her she got enough LAST time" and kept talking.  She was pissed but we didn't have that kind of money even if we wanted to.

Some of the other drivers asked us about it because she talked but they understood not only did she screw herself over, she screwed over all the other drivers Ron would have helped.  

I guess I have the kind of face people think they can take advantage but I have no problem setting boundaries.  

My head is better after the lemon pie.  

No comments: