Thursday, January 4, 2024

Thursday

 So my boss has this thing where she doesn't clearly tell me what to do, doesn't give me the information I need to do it, and then gets angry when I can't do it.  

She is currently upset over something like that.  I don't know if it will blow over or not.  

Assuming it does, I need to figure out a way to protect myself from this happening again.  I assume I work with her tonight so I will ask ALL the questions I need so I can finish.  

It's not much but it is my job.  Overall I enjoy doing it.  Yesterday I got 17K steps doing it.  

It was weird on my way home last night; the only open seat was in the front near the driver, who felt like talking for a change.  He asked me about my genetic makeup (not in those words).  I told him as far as I know I am white with some Native American.  Then he was talking about street food vendors like "we should go get some" which was really strange.  

Not that he might be interested but a couple months ago I was standing up front talking to him one day and he told me to go sit down.  He was pretty abrupt about it and I thought I had gotten the message.  But now that he (likely) won't see me again he's interested?  

Now I wouldn't date a recipient unless he was already saved and walking strong in his faith.  And I cannot, will not, date a guy who is not saved and strong in it.  I have done that before it is a world of pain.  So that's not going anywhere but I may have the awkward job of telling him that if he asks me out.  

It was just an odd day - it's been a pretty awful week to be honest.  I did at least get a decent amount of sleep last night with the cats and I did he Neti pot already which is hopefully going to be the worst part of my day today.  

I need to figure out my lunch, though.  Do I want to eat a big meal before work?  I like doing that when I work nights then it doesn't matter when they tell me to go to lunch.  

About drivers again I had 5 yesterday, 3 of them were new although one of the "new" guys said he had had me before.  That was a little different for me.  The official start date for the new drivers is the 21st.  

The first driver I had was new and she almost passed me up, I was waving my flashlight at her.  I will definitely carry that every day!  

I did my Bible study a lot about not worrying which I will focus on.  I will feel better when I can see my boss and judge her mood.  One time she wrote me up right after I came in (what I was asked to do the night before would have been impossible for 5 people).  Other times she was aggravated about something one day but not the next.  It just depends.  She is very unpredictable.  

And I need to ensure somehow that my moods are not feeding off hers.  That's a bad trend I picked up from Ron "WE'RE having a good day, WE are not".  

So I need to work on having a good day before I even see her today.  

I got an early start today so I still have an hour before I even need to leave, and I already cleaned the toilet.  I do need to work on my shopping list, though, I am getting some stuff after work tonight.  

That's it for now.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your first date could be at church with lunch afterward.

Anonymous said...

My boss will tell me what she wants and if I ask a question, she gets all annoyed, assuming I'm not listening and starts over at the beginning. She also likes to slap her hand when she's telling me, treating me like a child.

Anonymous said...

Oh, a man spoke to me maybe he'll ask me on a date. I'll have to find out if he is a believer if he isn't I'll have to tell him no. Project much?

Do you want a man to dominate you? Those types of men have no respect for women or their opinions, and you certainly are opinionated. I remember when Ron was on cam talking and you continuously interrupted him. You won't be able to do that, he'll tell you to shut up and sit down.LOL

Heather Knits said...

I have been talking to this guy for a while but will find a way to work the faith issue. It is not a small issue. If he is not born again it can't happen.

I have not discussed one major skeleton of mine but that would ensure relationship failure.