Saturday, January 27, 2024

I found it!

 Two weeks ago I went to the grocery store, came home, on a Saturday.  Early Monday morning I got on my first bus and my pass was missing.  

I tore the house up but could not find it.  I was paying up to $6.25 a day on a "per ride" basis rather than just $1.25 for the whole day.  

This morning I opened this: 


And found my bus pass in the bottom of the box.  I have NO idea how it got there.  Maybe it fell out of my shirt pocket?  Was I sleep walking again?  I don't know.  

I used to sleep walk a lot as a kid.  One time I wandered off on a camping trip and my chaperone found me in the middle of the night, near a cliff, looking for the outhouse.  Another time I woke up the whole dorm on a church retreat with some sort of panic attack, looking for my glasses.  At home I would wander around, fix food, have conversations.  My sister once had me write a note.  After we bought the house; the master bedroom has a sliding glass door with burglar bars.  I left the burglar bars unlocked and open because I was going in and out a lot for my garden.  One day I woke up and my feet hurt, I looked and the soles were very dirty.  As near as I could figure I must have gone out in the middle of the night walking around the yard.  I locked the bars after that, would leave them open while working in the yard and then close and lock again before I went to sleep every night.  

Most likely I dropped it putting up my groceries.  I hope.  I did buy a neck wallet at work it's on a lanyard, I will just wear that from now on.  

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so disorganized. I cant see how your bus pass would wind up in a box of cereal.

Heather Knits said...

I can't see it, either. Someone suggested I get the dementia workup!