Monday, January 8, 2024

We are supposed to have severe weather this afternoon

 So I unplugged the electronics.  

From what I can tell I should be OK getting to work, and the one boss is off so work itself shouldn't be too bad.  

I have a ride home.  Now, tomorrow is going to be interesting very cold and windy but no rain.  I think I will be OK getting to work in that.

I am debating "letting it drop" about the Fetal Alcohol in conversation with a team lead and "letting" that get back to my boss but that could very well backfire.  I need to pray on that 

That's it for now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do not tell anyone about your FAS. Please stop oversharing.

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, you shouldn't tell them about that. Yes, it could backfire. You don't need to pray on it, it's just common sense.

Anonymous said...

What would be the reason you would want to tell them you have FAS? Do you think they would treat you better? Probably not. Plus all disabilities should have been mentioned before they hired you and this could be a fireable thing.

Heather Knits said...

I would do it to get better treatment. I did disclose I had a disability the day I was hired.

Anonymous said...

Do not disclose that under any circumstances. You would just be giving them ammo against you. Is it possible to transfer to another department?

Anonymous said...

Sorry bad plan. Don't think your boss will treat you any better, if anything they might treat you worse.

Anonymous said...

I think you do need an accommodation. Here is how you get it:
Contact Texas vocational rehabilitation. Tell them you have a job, you disclosed a disability on hire but we're not specific and did not request accommodation at that time. Tell them you need help requesting accommodations and working with the store to ensure your success as an employee there. Be honest in all interactions with the vocational people. They can help you.

You can't be fired for requesting accommodations in the correct way (which the vocational rehabilitation people can ensure) but you could be fired for any reason or no reason if your bosses hear your issues from a gossipy coworker.