Tuesday, January 2, 2024

So I set a boundary at work

 I had to do something in another department.  A team lead is standing there with several idle employees standing around him.  He asked me to do something that is not my job, but theirs.

I said no.  He asked why.  I said I would be happy to do it if my boss told me to do it.  Then I went back to my area.  He came and found me again with my boss and she said I had to do it 

She wanted to know "why" I said no.  I explained he had plenty of workers and I couldn't see why he refused to ask them instead.  Neither of them had a good answer for that.  

Then I went and did the thing.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's none of your business why he didn't ask his workers. You are not his supervisor. Yikes.

Heather Knits said...

I didn't ask him that; I just smiled and said I would do it if MY boss asked me to do it.

She already had me working on another project.

I only mentioned the other workers when my boss asked me why I said no.

Anonymous said...

That's Walmart managers for you. It doesn't matter if you are right all they will see is that you refused to do something when a manager asked you to do it. There are always the favorites and managers pets who get away with being lazy as f--k. It is what it is.

Heather Knits said...

I just don't get telling people from other departments? Not one bit. Many years ago when Ron and I worked with the other blind vendor Ron asked his guy for a favor and then gave him a $5 as a thank you. The other vendor was livid and Ron had some explaining to do! It ended with Ron agreeing not to ask the employee for any help ever. That's where I come from you just don't order other people's staff around.