Friday, January 19, 2024

Friday morning

 I didn't sleep well and I woke up with a nasty headache.  I believe it is either/and the cup of noodles last night, the cold front moving in today/ stress.  

My boss was off last Friday and I am really hoping she is today too.  Her "stick" approach is demoralizing and exhausting.  But every time I'm ready to tell her off, throw my vest on the floor, and walk out, God shows me a very hurting and beaten woman.  She would be horrified to know I see her that way.  I am working on the resume this weekend.  

3 days a week for months, I have ridden the bus with "Mike" the driver of the "crazy train".  He basically told me he could not get "my" route again but he did get the route, he thinks (It is the correct route but the time?) I get coming home from church.  This is really horrible motivation for going to church, to see him again maybe.  He is not saved but he did say he would be praying for me.  It would be nice to see him again.  

I really like riding with him and also with Ace as they are nice, sympathetic men and very good listeners.  I think that is OK even though they are not saved.  

I bought some nice chocolate candy and conversation hearts for my drivers today, it's the last time I will see them.  I may bump into them now and then but not every week like I do now.  And they are all wonderful people I will miss.  

Metro bus does a very good job of hiring lovely people as drivers.  They are skilled, they are kind.  They love a little bag of candy.  They have been a blessing to me.  

So Spotty and I have a routine that will enhance good habits for me: he is very affectionate during my Bible Study.  The rest of the day, much like his sister, he's more aloof.  But if I'm sitting in that chair with a book in my lap he is all over me rubbing and purring.  Cleo is more aloof except when I am in bed, then she is cuddly.  

My head is killing me but I did take another Excedrin, that should hold me 'till 1.  

That's it for now!  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know they're not saved?

Heather Knits said...

Bus driver has told me. He did say he was reading what I gave him and said he would pray for me which really made my day.

Ace has told me he is (I think the term is) agnostic he doesn't believe in a God but doesn't disbelieve either. But he does take what I give him.

If saved, either would be a good candidate if I were looking.

Anonymous said...

"But every time I'm ready to tell her off, throw my vest on the floor, and walk out, God shows me a very hurting and beaten woman." This is the reason you stayed with Ron until he died and was verbally abused daily and physically abused sometimes. God is not giving you this directive you are giving yourself this directive. God doesn't want anyone to be abused and your boss is abusive.

Anonymous said...

Agree with the comment above

Anonymous said...

Also agree with the comment above. Why would God would encourage you to stay in an abusive work environment? That's on you.

Heather Knits said...

I don't speak for God but some ideas: I do a lot of outreach on my commutes and to coworkers. It keeps me humble. It is teaching me to set better boundaries. KIDDING HERE: and it gives some man the chance to take me away from all this.