Thursday, June 1, 2023

Very early Thursday

 I slept OK for a while but woke up with a headache, took something at 3, went back to sleep, woke up again at 5 headache is still around (not as bad). I checked my cup and emptied it but it didn't have much. 

I do find it interesting my cycles started up again after I met Beau.  I hope he is doing well. 

I went ahead and fed the cats while I was up. 

Going to check my email and go back to bed.  I have 2 nephews with a tradition of firefighting going back over 100 years.  I got them some Firefighting New Testaments ("Answering the Call") which have a New Testament, Psalms, Proverbs, and some articles.  Those have shipped. 

I got Dad a very nice Chronological Daily Bible in NLT which is his favorite translation.  An interesting note, Dad is an engineer, a friend is a mathematician and they both loved the translation.  You would think they would be into "old" KJV but nope they like the modern NLT. Anyway so Dad is getting that for Father's day.  The Daily Bible format has an excerpt from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and a proverb or two for each day's reading and if you read every day that is the whole Bible in a year. I think it will be a nice change for him. 

I have an e-version of the Daily Bible in NKJV on my tablet but it is very glitchy so I found a "like new, used" version on Amazon and bought that for myself for $8.  Sometimes a real book is best. 

I'm going back to bed. 

No comments: