Wednesday, June 21, 2023

I woke up a couple of times with a headache

 But worth it having done a Bible Handout. I will do just about anything for my recipients.  

One car yesterday had the Spanish guy I talked about; I was out of Spanish Bibles but I had the booklets and I gave him a few. He was hanging onto them like they were $100 bills.  He had a passenger in the front seat who was yelling at me for running out of Spanish.  Then he said "You have to come here in the right spirit".  

I told him I go because God has carried me through terrible times in my life; I knew there were people out there who did not have Him and I wanted them to have what I did knowing He is with me.  He started to say something back but the Spanish guy shut him up and drove off. 

It's up to you to decide if that is the "right spirit'. But I do know if I show up with a haughty, proud, spirit of judgement I will not only bring shame to Jesus but I personally will get into BIG TROUBLE.  Some people want to assume I am there to judge; I am not. 

And I'm a sinner, I sin every day.  I am not any better than anyone.  I guess I am just better at hiding my sins.  But I "deserve" to go to hell just like everyone else and I'm only saved through grace. I know my place.  

I am feeling better I am going to go do my God Time and then figure out what I'm doing. Big question is am I going to Kroger?  They have better vegetables,and I need to be eating salad.  A real salad with dark green leaves not that iceberg crap. 

Oh something odd last night. We have subdivision mail boxes. My unit has 3 storage lockers at the bottom and then I am mailbox #10 even though that is not my street address. The other day someone sent something to me that was not cheap,it was in one of the lockers but it was open. The lockers, all 3 of them, remain open. Last night there was a key in my box like I had a package but the lockers were still open and empty.  

Now I had ordered tracts from 2 different places so I am not sure if some tracts came and got stolen or what. But the expensive thing I got. Or the mailman just screwed up and put them in by mistake.  I did put a box of Powerade packets in the mailbox,he won't take candy but maybe he will take that. At the very least he will know I am thinking about him. 

I do feel a little bad about all the tracts and Scripture booklets but if you really want to feel sorry for someone feel it for the UPS man!  Bringing all those Bibles!  He was so nice though. 

PLEASE PRAY FOR THE RECIPIENTS it is spiritual WARFARE out there God has made that very clear and ANYONE CAN PRAY please do. Just "Please protect and bless the recipients give them a will to open and read the Bible,and be changed by it.  Please work on everyone who refused a Bible so they will want one next time, if it's Your will and in Jesus' name" something like that I would be so happy to hear you did that.  

I have had a tough life and God used it I think to give me empathy for what others might be going through.   I have a heart for all the hurting and broken souls out there who need Him. I want to help.  

I wrote a poem about it about 13 years ago,after I started the Bible Handouts.  I will put up a link because most people hate poetry and it should be your choice. 

But now I'm going to do the Bible study. I will do another post before I leave.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were asked to stop putting stuff in the mailbox by the mailman. Yet you continue doing it. They can take away your mail delivery service for doing that. Just a heads up.

The mailman has a job that pays very well with really good benefits. If he/she wants powerade or a drink or candy they can afford to buy it for themselves. They certainly don't need you to provide that for them.

Anonymous said...

I bet a judge would love to decide who gets to take away mail service for petty reasons.

Heather Knits said...

Unsaved sinners go to hell. I don't want that for anyone certainly not a regular longtime reader.

Remember all this "crap" after the Rapture, huh?

About the mail box he came very late last night and delivered a few bills, left the Powerade, did not leave any notes so I think he appreciated the thought at least.

Anonymous said...

So he didn't take the powerade packets. You have your answer the mail man does not want candy, water, powerade or scripture booklets. Now will you leave him alone?

Anonymous said...

It's illegal to put non postage paid mail in the mail box. Look it up.

Heather Knits said...

Note the kind of post I am publishing and the kind of post I am not (you know who you are). That said I won't put anything out for him but in this weather I at least wanted to make the offer. I feel bad about dogs out in this heat much less the mailman.

Just like I offered water to the UPS man who brought all "my" Bibles. He said no but he grinned when I made the offer.