Saturday, June 3, 2023

Just for fun

 I am going to put up a wish list of Bibles I would love to get and why.  God provides the Bibles and most importantly knows what each recipient needs so I don't worry about it but these would be fun:  

Invitation.  I have handed out literally thousands of these.  Lots of fun,nice compact Bible with "Romans road" (Bible passages in the book of Romans) highlighted, and a salvation plan as well.  Classic Invitation

But OH looking at the web site THEY HAVE IT IN KING JAMES!  Oh I am so getting these the SECOND I get paid.  I have been wanting a nice little compact King James the guys can stick in their pocket as they cruise the neighborhood....Anyway here it is.  

If you want to get me Bibles send these

Also great to hand out on the bus, the Invitation fits nicely in a quart ziplock with a couple handfuls of candy.  And they have quantity discounts so 100 is only like $60.  

Let's see what else I can find.  

I like this for when I go visit my parents in September (God willing and it gets approved). They live in a community with a lot of older folks so large print would be best for that crowd.  Very nice Bibles on sale.  But my discretionary Bible fund is going to those Invitation King James Bibles.  Anyway: 

$5 Large Print Bibles

Here's another nice one in Burgundy with gilt page edges

Same thing in tan, the recipients would love these

This one has a pretty, navy cover

That does it for Lifeway, let's go look at Church source.  

Bible geeks all have a favorite translation.  I, personally, love the NKJV version. For recipients I either like "Old" King James (they get very excited about that), or a more readable translation like NLT, NIV, pretty much anything, really, as long as it's not a cult Bible with a lot of "commentary and interpretation".  This is a great one as it's NKJV with some "helps" but nothing awful and a couple different colors.  NKJV presentation Bibles

The same thing in "Old" King James and more color options: King James

Pretty much anything from these pages

The recipients really liked this one

That's it for now!  

No comments: