Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Wednesday and probably the worst thing I have ever described

 Sometimes I really need to get things off my mind which means writing it out.  HOWEVER today's has an excerpt that is utterly revolting and will make you gag for sure.  I will flag it.  

So I got up early and did my God Time,most of it.  I brought the tablet with me and did the rest at work before I started.  Trip to work was uneventful.  I bought some liquid soap and toilet bowl cleaner (separate products ๐Ÿ˜‚) and put them in my bag.  I was almost out of hand soap and I am working very hard to keep the abrasions clean on my hand as I ride public transit (!) and work at a busy retail store.  Then I read my Bible study and devotionals I keep on my tablet (a few things).  

I try to have mostly paper Bible study because that can't run out of power or have connection issues.  But I have Streams in the Desert, a Spurgeon devotional, and Daily Light for the Daily path (I also have that in a paper format). So I did that and went to work.  

My friend/co worker has back issues and had to take a pain pill today which made her manic.  She was a lot of fun but said something I doubted.  But I did my job. 

Later on I found out she was right as I heard it directly from my boss.  Jack got some very bad news his niece died and his great niece is in critical condition.  That is very hard.  So of course he can't help me the next 4 days. 

However my cab driver friend CAN so he is up. 

So I finished work (they cut my hours from 7 to 5 hours today, but after the lunch break I didn't need I only lost 1 hour). 

I had made up some packets for my bus drivers who don't want candy, with a tuna or chicken packet, a spork, a few mints, and a New Testament all in a baggie.  I also had extra bottled water to hand out. The water, suffice to say, was a big hit.  I gave the "packet" to a homeless man who wasn't bothering me at the bus stop. Drivers got the candy/tract/Scripture booklet/New Testamentwhatevers I was handing out today.  I just fish something out at random. 

One driver was reading the Scripture booklet at red lights which I thought was cool. So, first ride was OK.  

Second ride was half an hour late.  

[REVOLTING ALERT]

And he picked up a woman. She was obese, uncombed/washed hair.  She was wearing light colored leggings that were several sizes too small but the stitching was doing a valiant job of keeping it together. She had dried menstrual blood at her crotch and at the tops of her thighs.  She got on.  As she passed me I saw feces stains in her butt crack. 

[END REVOLTING ALERT]

And this, friends, is why "nice" people don't want to ride the bus, and why the "nice" neighborhoods do not want the bus in their areas. There is an old Bible story about a man who had to dip himself in a river 7 times to cure himself of leprosy.  I wanted to dip myself 7 times in bleach when I got home. 

[shudder]  God knows I am not a neat freak by any means. I can't remember the last time I mopped my floor. But God asks a LOT of me sometimes making me ride the bus. That is all. 

The cats are good and I was glad to see them. The house was significantly cooler than the outside but I hope still at a decent level with regard to expenses. 

That's it for now. I am done. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That woman seems like the perfect person for you to offer candy and a scripture book too.

Heather Knits said...

I might have but she was manic and homeless (bragging how she had just been thrown out of a facility) I would have worried about her following me home.

I don't interact with manic homeless I more than anyone knows where a manic brain can go.

I did give a tuna pouch + New Testament packet to another homeless person at my first bus stop.