Thursday, June 29, 2023

Thursday morning

 Sometimes I have to obscure or eliminate details in my blog so things don't track back to me.  I had enough trouble with people knowing my full name, I don't need them knowing where I work (store #) or what I do.  

Ron did what I now see as typical abuser behavior.  He would get worked up about something, take it out on me, and then excuse it by saying something like "I was worried about ____ " as though that excused him calling me a stupid bitch or whatever. 

I have asked God for help with this sort of thing so I don't end up in another bad relationship.  So there is a woman I know in my life.  

There is an ongoing issue in her life I do not consider major.  I can't share details.  But it is a minor issue.  Recently she was incredibly rude to me around this.  

If I could share the details you would say "Is THAT all?" and shake your head.  

So she was very rude to me several times in one day. I just walked away from her every time as it was obvious she was going to use "her drama" to "excuse" it.  

Yesterday she tried to tell me "more details" about her "big"drama and I told her I didn't want to hear it.  She was very taken aback as normally I do listen to all the grisly details, trying to be "polite". But "Why?"  I told her.  "I don't want to hear about it.  And you were VERY rude to me yesterday".  

"Oh" she replies "I was very worried about (my) BIG DRAMA"  remember this is NOT a major issue it is akin to "my (healthy) sister had a head cold" type issue 

"You may have been" I replied "But you were still VERY rude and that does NOT make it OK" and I walked off as she sputtered. I was very pleased with myself.  

If God has another relationship for me I will never find a healthy one if I do not have good boundaries and I am DONE with people treating me like crap "Because I HAVE DRAMA"  99% of those dramas are ones you created anyway.  

And a good example why you don't "have" to act like a jerk: immediately after Ron's accident, when he woke from the coma, and the last couple months of his life, when he was bed bound, in agonizing pain,and his brain rotting from Alzheimer's, when he had more "drama" than he ever had in his life, more physical pain than most can imagine, physical immobility,a prisoner in his body, wearing a diaper.  He was as sweet as a little lamb. If he did snap at me he repented immediately and would cry if I didn't forgive him immediately.  He was so appreciative of every little thing I did and so sweet. It made it much easier to care for him. 

So if someone like that doesn't "have" to lash out than no one does. And I am done with being treated that way even by an acquaintance. Man, woman, it doesn't matter.  

I can't do much about my bosses but I can set limits with others.  And I guess I have the kind of face people want to tell me things.  One of my drivers was telling me how she had to wear 2 maxi pads and an adult diaper during the worst of her fibroids before she had outpatient surgery to eliminate them. 

I stood in line at the bank yesterday, on my lunch, for 20 minutes just to hear nope, no way, ain't happening. I bought myself a pulled pork sandwich for my lunch and ate that, got a migraine about half an hour later.  I was stuck working so I had a coworker go get my headache pills out of my bag.  I don't care if she sees the bags of candy I hand out with the tracts as long as I got those headache pills!  Which I am now keeping in my vest!  

I had to take 3 doses of headache pills for that.  Total.  But I did eliminate it. It was a pretty miserable ride home but the worst was waiting outside in the heat.  It was so hot it hurt. And then walking home with my stuff in feels like 115 wasn't much of a treat either.  

I fell on my right middle finger about a month ago.  I did not see a doctor. I could bend it and type on it.  But the finger is now crooked.  It still does everything I want it to do, though, so I don't care. It is not bad but it does lean more into the ring finger now. I'm almost 50 now, I don't care about looking pretty.  If it bothers me it will remind me to pray for the Bible Handout recipients.  I don't want surgery or anything and I will continue to wear my splint.  

At some point I would like to get it X rayed and find out what exactly I did to it. But there's no rush.  

I need to take my shower; the plan is to leave early and go to Burger King and get a burger on the way into work. I have my gift card. 

If possible I will do a quick post before work to tell you how that went.  

That's it for now.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of my boss who broke her pinky finger, took time off work for "physical therapy" and took public transit for her "disability".
You can't make this up.

Anonymous said...

Heather the way you stood up for yourself with your coworker was awesome. I am so proud of you. Keep up the great work with setting boundaries and not accepting unacceptable behavior.

Heather Knits said...

Oh that is awful (pinky). My hand bothers me but its not as bad as a migraine or foot issues.

Yes I have found it is typical abuser behavior to justify/excuse when you call them on it.

Anonymous said...

You do have a friendly, open look to you. Makes people want to confide.

Anonymous said...

So happy you stood up for yourself! You are so right about abuser behavior.