Monday, June 5, 2023

Early Monday

 I didn't sleep well last night.  I have scrapes on the end of my middle finger so apparently I did land on it when I fell.  I could have dislocated it!  Scrapes on hand are no big deal but I will cover them with a bandage when working on the candy, riding the bus, and working.  I may buy some ginger root capsules to help with the swelling.  The rest of me is fine but the finger pain is pretty bad.  

Knee scrape doesn't bother me at all. I am glad legs/feet are all working well. I will try to use the pain as an opportunity to pray for recipients.  When it hurts use it as a reminder.  

I should be able to work OK I will likely be a little slower though.  But this is the first time I have showed up hurt/sick to work in over 2 years so they will cut me some slack.  And, as my boss says, Monday is a "recovery" day anyway.  

I'm going to go take a shower.  Typing on this hand is pretty sore.   Shower was probably the worst part of the day,I hope.  

So why did this happen?  I have a theory.  I ask God to keep me humble as I am certain the #1 thing that will take me out of the (Bible Handout/evangelism) game is pride.  

Yesterday a very nice lady drove up.  Said she had never seen someone like me and it went on from there; "Heather is wonderful".  I told her of course I do it because God has carried me through rough times.  

On a side note someone once asked what would happen if a recipient read my blog and saw how Ron was treating me. I said it would get me more sympathy, not less. 

Anyway it went on for a minute or two before she left. Maybe God felt I needed a correction so He allowed it.  Or maybe it was coincidence I didn't see the sandbag. I don't know.  

But I feel very humble today. The finger has some black bruising now and is notably swollen. But I can still bend it and type on it so not too worried. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So God physically injured you to keep you humble? What a sick and twisted way to think. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

They sell finger splints at Wal-Mart. You might want to get one they are like 3.00 and some change.

Heather Knits said...

I'm certainly not proud today! LOL

Oh I have a splint it is my best friend right now.

Anonymous said...

I hope everything heals up quickly for you. I work with my hands and that would make my day miserable.

I thought of you today. I went to a thrift store to scrounge for cheap shorts and I saw a pair of those cool 90's wash jeans you got for $5 a few weeks ago. They were obviously used, but not terrible. Priced $10.

Heather Knits said...

Yeah my friend in apparel has the hookup I am glad she likes me. (grin)

I plan to soak my hand in epsom salts when the water cools down a little in my bucket.