Wednesday, June 21, 2023

I love taking the hat and the sign when I go out

 A while back I put up a wish list and one of my sponsors bought me a couple dozen of the "really nice" Bibles, fake leather cover with a cross on it, gilt edged pages, larger print, etc. I brought several of them today and boy they were popular.  People were exclaiming over them when they opened the box.  

Here it is, took some doing but I found it again:  https://www.lifeway.com/en/product/csb-large-print-compact-reference-bible-celtic-cross-brown-leathertouch-P005814247?fbid=FBproductfeed&carid=pm:social:DPAs&fbclid=IwAR2WDsjViC-PBxjPVbfTIr9n5P0K3AXug9Xl1_-yCBlGsrNeAqqdjt5MJpo

Yes, the translation is legit and not a cult Bible.  Most people have never heard of the CSB or HCSB Bible I think the Baptists do it, but it's OK I have read it.  (Edit yes it is a Baptist thing)

Yes, a recipient or two might think I am "rich" but I am very clear, when asked, that friends buy me the Bibles.  Today at the first grocery store I had a lady very excited about the Bible the driver had rejected; asked if she could give me money (I get that a lot), I explained I had sponsors, she said her family would like to follow what I do. 

So, I gave her my whole name and email. Yes, I know. But any woman who prays over me (I told her that's what I really wanted) binding up any demons that had plans for me today, is OK in my book, and that gacked out guy at the bus stop was gone when I got back out there.  I didn't have a speck of trouble all day. 

Most times I ride the bus with the hat (and the sign on the cart) people ignore me but today they were ALL asking for Bibles so I got wiped out pretty quick. I got my groceries and had a good time doing it.  

It looks like it wants to rain now so we will see.  I plan to go to bed early. 

That's it for now!  

No comments: