Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Wed on arriving home

 I decided to run a little late today and catch the later buses to work.  After all who wants to get to work an hour and a half early?  I got delayed with cats and Bible study (really digging into that and feel much better for it) and left the house later.  

I was about a block from the busy street the buses run and saw him whiz by the stop. Then he stomped on the brakes and came to a screeching halt and I realized he had seen me.  So I hurried up, the ground was rough so I couldn't run but it was obvious I was hurrying.  I got on the bus.  

He said "I was looking for you at the stop.  Don't worry, I will always look for you" as he started the bus again and I gave him his candy (today's had the tract "The Value of Trials" in it).  He exclaimed over it and put it away then put his hand over the RFID reader to give me a "free" ride. 

Now, I'm not good with the dating stuff so I will just leave that open to interpretation.  I will say he is at a good weight, about my age, takes care of himself (shaves his head daily I would guess), I find him cute. I need to find out if he is married.  I will bring an extra candy next week "for your wife" and see how he reacts. 

But that was a nice start.  But, because of that, I ended up catching all my usual buses and getting to work early today, too. Work was fine. 

I have decided to go cold turkey on trash carbs, aspartame, and diet soda. It will be a rough weekend but I will be the better for it. I have slid into some very bad eating habits and I need to stop it now before I look like I used to. 

I will be drinking some carrot juice every day because I need a lot of Vitamin A. I bought some probiotics and some prebiotic fiber after work to give my body a boost. Aspartame does alter gut flora there was a study. I will also be doing Apple Cider Vinegar as well and probably some ginger tea as well. Our tea selection was wiped out at work today when I shopped so I will look tomorrow morning before work.  I do have some tea at home, enough to get me over the hump. 

Every time I open up my cell phone there is another article about the evils of artificial sweetener. I want to get that out of my life. I don't think it will be easy but I do hope to get through the withdrawal pretty quick. 

I am not worried about caffeine at present.  

And I got some low carb snacks like cheddar pork rinds.  I also remembered one thing I did for Ron which was put whey protein in whole milk to make shakes. He really liked those.  And they are good.  So I will be doing that for myself.  It has a small amount of fake sugars in it but that's OK I think. Protein can run kind of low on my nutrition reports. 

I'm going to take a nap, more later.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stopped all artificial sweeteners about ten years ago. It was hard at the time, but I can't stand the taste of them now. You will be fine after a little while. It's just a matter of changing habits. (Saved me some money too)